|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Manager - Operational Analytics
- Surry Hills based, with WFH flexiblity
- Lead a highly talented team of analytics professionals
- Work on high impact projects
As a start-up business inside one of Australia's largest retailers, WooliesX aims to bring the best of Woolworths to our customers, powered by our team, technology and data. To achieve our customer 1st strategy, we have combined the Digital, eCommerce, Customer Loyalty and Financial Services businesses to transform the customer experience under one banner - WooliesX.
Based between Bella Vista and Surry Hills, our vibrant, innovative and energetic collaboration spaces empower our teams to innovate and deliver an exceptional experience for our customers - no matter whether they choose to shop in-store, or online.
We are an agile team who embrace diversity of thought and love to take on challenges with a pragmatic and innovative approach. Our culture thrives on mutual respect, care, curiosity, openness, and a proactive attitude. As a team we continually seek ways to pair, collaborate, support and learn from each other!
About the Role
As a Senior Manager - Operational Analytics, you are responsible for leading a highly capable team in investigating business situations, identifying options for improvement and defining requirements to deliver business improvements. You will support retail leaders understand the way the business works today and identify opportunities for improvement through analysis, insights and development of commercial and operational solutions.
- Strong, demonstrable experience working leveraging data and insights to identity opportunities, lift organisational performance and improve customer experience.
- Experience providing detailed analysis to assist in the identification of root causes to problems and model potential solutions
- Extensive experience in developing and implementing data-driven strategies and roadmaps in driving change and innovation.
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Collaborate with senior leaders of the business to identify and drive opportunities based on data
- Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for the eCommerce business
- Lead and manage the Operational Analytics team to achieve their best by creating a high-performance and customer centric culture
- Act as a leader and advocate of data management, including coaching, training, and career development
We’re looking for an individual with a combination of skills in advanced analytics, team leadership and stakeholder management. Any previous experience working in retail, logistics, supply chain or manufacturing industries would be highly beneficial.
- Tertiary qualification in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Overall, 10 plus years of advanced analytics experience, across a magnitude of industries, with a solid understanding of data analytics and digital media
- 5 plus years of experience in senior leadership roles responsible for delivering data & analytics strategy and leading innovation within advanced analytics to drive business value
- Strong analytics experience with a track record of having grown, developed and transformed analytics and insights capability in a large organisation
- Outstanding influential skills and business partnering skills including the ability to seamlessly navigate diverse stakeholder environments
- Experience across retail, supply chain, ecommerce highly advantageous
- Knowledge of a variety of operational statistical & analytics techniques e.g. Lean, six sigma, MOST etc
- Passionate about delivering value through everything data from basic reporting through to the most advanced analytics capabilities
- Truly first class analytical intellect and fit with our pragmatic, warm, friendly and down-to-earth culture
- Advanced skills in Python, R, Tableau and Power BI
- Strong people leader with a passion for enabling and developing team and also establish an environment conducive to personal and professional growth
- Extensive knowledge of analytics tools and platforms highly regarded (Microsoft Azure , Google Cloud Platform etc)
Our team are taking a well-deserved break between 24th December 2020 and 4th January 2021. If you wish to apply for this role, we'll be in touch with an update on your application in the new year. Wishing you and your family a wonderful festive season.
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.