|Job Type:||Full Time|
Applicants to this role must have work authorization in Australia. This role is not eligible for work visa sponsorship.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience as a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role.
- Experience with Big Data, PaaS, and IaaS technologies. Experience architecting/developing software for scalable, distributed systems.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or other technical field.
- Experience in/understanding of, data and information management, as it relates to Big Data trends and issues within businesses.
- Experience in web application development/integration. Experience with software development platforms/solutions.
- Experience using and/or managing databases. Experience with Map Reduce, Hadoop, Spark, Flume, Hive, Impala, Spark SQL, BigQuery.
- Technical sales experience or professional consulting experience in the Australia Public Sector or Healthcare market.
- Knowledge of Linux, Web 2.0 development platforms, solutions, and related technologies. Understanding of DNS, TCP, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, DMZ, Load Balancing, VPN, VPC.
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You listen and deliver what is most helpful for the customer. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
Google Cloud Platform is a set of modular cloud-based services that allow you to create anything from simple websites to complex applications. It externalizes the best of how we run the world's largest software-as-a-service (SaaS) company and makes our infrastructure, software and processes available to all. Google Cloud Platform delivers the public cloud-on-demand provisioning of infinite capacity running on infrastructure without any upfront commitment.
We're on a mission to completely change the world of enterprise computing, and in this role you'll not only have a front-row seat for the action, you'll be helping shape and execute the strategies to help customers. As a Customer Engineer, you will become a trusted advisor to our clients and prospects, and help them get as much value out of our platform as possible. You will use both technical and business skills to move agreements forward as efficiently as possible. We optimize for growth and ensure customer success by providing end-to-end services to our clients.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Use your technical expertise to help clients determine if Google Cloud Platform is right for them.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Google Cloud Platform value proposition and unique differentiators, using whiteboarding, slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and RFI (Request for Information) response documents.
- Work hands-on with Google Cloud Platform products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution, providing “best practice” advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud Platform effectiveness.