About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced Document Controlle r for a major infrastructure project working a FIFO roster in the Pilbara, WA. This is a 6 month fixed term opportunity with a privately-owned tier 1 constructor and international engineering enterprise.
- Establish and implement an efficient project-related document control register and procedures.
- Establish and maintain a correspondence filing system.
- Expedite the review and approval of documentation, including designs, procedures, instructions, product certification and records.
- Plan, supervise and record document flow to and from all necessary parties, including clients, sub-contractors and the project office. Issue and track location of all documents and drawings. Issue transmittal letters and receipts concerning the documents in circulation.
- Remove obsolete documents from distribution and use.
- Coordinate storage and archiving of project and organisational records. Participate in the planning of projects as required.
- Experienced Document Controller preferably from a Civil Construction environment
- The preferred candidate would ideally have 5+ years’ experience (You will be the sole Document Controller for the project so strong experience is essential)
- Good communicator, self-sufficient, organised and problem-solving capabilities
- Sound understanding and experience with Microsoft Office suit
- Proven experience working a in a remote FIFO environment.
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.