|Job Type:||Full Time|
Boral’s Quarry business is seeking a Project Engineer to join our Asset Management Team. Based at our Port Melbourne office, and traveling to sites throughout Victoria, you will be responsible for the delivery of site-based projects, processing plant OEE improvement works, management of plant integrity audits and resulting works, asset management systems improvement, and general engineering/ technical support. This role will report to the Asset Manager - Quarries.
In this role, you will be recognised for your ability to identify and implement process improvements and assigned projects autonomously, as well as collaborate and communicate with various stakeholders.
Key technical expertise:
Project engineering/ management:
- Management of multi-disciplinary projects and work packages from initiation and feasibility assessments through implementation, commissioning, and closeout
- Develop work scopes, project plans, designs, and effective business cases, with the ability to translate plans into deliverables
- Manage project budgets, schedules, procurement processes and associated commercial risks effectively for packages of work
- Provide hands-on leadership to ensure that all aspects of a project are delivered safely
Plant efficiency and reliability improvement
- Leading and undertaking OEE improvement initiatives at quarry sites
- Plant process flow modelling, production data analysis, and trials to increase efficiencies
- Supporting operations with TPM initiatives
- Undertaking/ co-ordinating major structural and mechanical audits and inspections
- Co-ordination of works arising from audits
- Input into optimising preventative maintenance programs and strategies
To be successful, you will have:
- Degree qualification in Engineering or related discipline;
- 3+ years proven experience working in a similar environment;
- Experience with site supervision of multiple trades and contractors;
- Ability to manage, influence, and build rapport with stakeholders
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication, collaboration, and influencing skills, a clear thinking and practical approach, together with a strong achievement focus;
Boral is an international building products and construction materials group with three strong divisions: the high-performing, well-positioned materials business of Boral Australia; the fast-growing, 50%-owned USG Boral interior linings joint venture in Asia, Australia, and the Middle East; and Boral North America, a scaled and growing building products and fly ash business. With its headquarters in Sydney, Australia, Boral has approximately 17,000 full-time equivalent employees (including in JVs) working across over 700 operating sites in 17 countries. Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.