|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Endeavour Group ambition is bold, we want to be the world's best drinks retailer. We know that expectations of retail have never been higher so our transactions must be instant, and our services must be intuitive and personal. We are embarking on our next generation of growth, and we want you to be an influential part of it.
Our family of leading brands is well respected and highly visible throughout Australia, New Zealand and the world; from Dan Murphy’s, our market leading destination drinks merchant, to our local convenience offering at BWS, and our Cellarmaster wines and Langtons businesses with each of them commanding a leadership position in their respective category.
We are currently seeking a Commercial Manager to business partner and provide end-to-end finance support to our Customer Connections (CC) business - a fast paced and exciting operating function that underpins our eCom growth ambition.
The CC business, which incorporates Endeavour Delivery (ED), the Customer Hub (CH) and the Dorrien & Langton’s Warehouses (WH) is a centralised function supporting multiple Endeavour brands. Endeavour Delivery provides nationwide last-mile delivery services (standard and express) to our retail brand customers for eCom sales, with a strong focus on team, safety and customer service. The Customer Hub offers retail and delivery customer support services (contact centre) for all retail brands.
This role is a fixed term contract (maternity leave cover) until April 2022, reporting to the Head of Finance, Group Functions and business partner to the Head of Customer Connections (CC). The Commercial Manager oversees the financial management, reporting and analysis for the CC business and leads a team of 2 direct reports, and 1 indirect report.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with the Customer Connections (CC) leadership team to drive financial performance of the business through provision of commercial decision support and analytical insights.
- Leading the budget and forecasting processes for all aspects of Customer Connections including volume assumptions, P&L drivers and metrics and relevant balance sheet accounts.
- Proactively engage and manage a broad stakeholder base - spanning operations and finance - to ensure alignment on Budget targets and CC performance drivers and impacts across the brands.
- Oversee month end close and business performance reporting for Customer Connections business, ensuring timely, accurate and insightful delivery of results and KPI’s.
- Proactively identify opportunities to streamline core finance processes, introduce efficiencies and enhance cyclical reporting through automation. Maintain a strong financial control environment for CC through monthly P&L and balance sheet reviews.
- Supporting the Head of CC in the development of the Endeavour Group eCom fulfilment strategy including provision of supporting financial and operational analysis on Endeavour Delivery impacts.
- Provide ad-hoc decision support, as finance lead, for any operational and strategic initiatives in the CC business. Support development of business cases relevant to CC.
- Lead and develop a team of 2 direct reports and 1 indirect report.
You will be CA/CPA certified or equivalent with financial and management accounting experience including ownership of month end close process. Your sound commercial acumen will help you to translate business performance drivers into financial outcomes
- Degree qualified in financial discipline
- Experience leading a small team of finance professionals
- Experience partnering with senior business and operational leaders
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience leveraging reporting and BI tools to resolve complex analytical queries
- Strong prioritisation skills - ability to manage ad-hoc requests and deliver on business requirements in a fast paced operation
- Retail / FMCG experience
- Exposure to logistics / last mile delivery
- Microsoft D365 experience
Grow with Endeavour Drinks
Endeavour Drinks comprises a diverse range of drinks businesses including BWS, Dan Murphy’s, ALH and Pinnacle Drinks. We are focused on growing and transforming our businesses to meet the changing needs of customers and we’re driven by a culture that puts our customers and team first. Our ambition is to connect everyone with a drinks experience they'll love.
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You