Downer Mining is currently seeking an experienced Open Cut Examiner Supervisor to join the team at our Meandu site which is a residential mine located 25 kilometres south-east of Kingaroy. This is a casual role and a residential position; therefore, no camp or accommodation is provided.
Reporting to the Open Cut Examiner Supervisor, the role of the Open Cut Examiner is to provide daily regulatory shift inspections to the mining production team to ensure shift work targets are met in a safe manner.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Undertake specific projects as defined by Waste Crew Supervisor / Mining Manager.
- Communicate shift safety performance and other relevant company safety information to crew
- Ensure daily issues (concerning people, plant, and process) are dealt with.
- Monitor work of subcontractors and report concerns to Production Superintendent.
- Prepare work schedules for areas of responsibility and assign and communicate priorities.
- Schedule and assign employees to specific tasks, projects, or areas to meet changing priorities in conjunction with the Production Supervisor.
- Ensure all records, logs, and time sheets etc are accurately completed in a timely manner.
- Provide technical advice and support to Supervisors.
- Ensure all statutory requirements are fulfilled in the production areas of the project.
- Ensure mining work is being performed in accordance with the contract.
- Work collaboratively with relevant staff to optimise production and productivity, compliance to work schedules, and quality.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- 5 + years’ experience in open cut operations.
- Open Cut Examiners Certificate of Competency.
- HSE for Leaders (G1, G8, G9).
- G2 Implement and Apply Risk Management Processes.
- Coaching Skills Course.
- Foundations of Leadership Course.
- People Management Systems Course.
- Environmental Awareness Course.
- RIIRIS301 Apply Risk Management Process
- RIIWHS301 Safety and Health Investigations
- RIICOM301 Communicate Information
- RIIRIS402 Carry out the risk management process (G2)
WHAT WE OFFER
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
- A diverse and supportive work environment
- Numerous employee benefits and lifestyle options
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people
Please note, resumes will not be accepted via email however, if you have any questions regarding this role please contact Brittney Moroko email@example.com
Please note: You must have the right to live and work permanently in Australia