|Job Type:||Full Time|
Boral Logistics has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Heavy Vehicle Mechanic based out of the central location of Wacol. This is your chance to join and be part of working for one of Australia’s most iconic companies assisting in maximising the utilisation of the fleet in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
As a Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanic you will report to the Maintenance Supervisor and have responsibility as required on a designated shift for ensuring that the trucks and ancillary equipment are maintained to The Department of Transport and Main Roads accreditation standards. The successful candidate will be joining the afternoon shift crew working Monday to Thursday from 3:00 pm – 12:00 am and Friday from 12.00pm - 9:00pm.
How will you be successful in this role?
- Heavy vehicle maintenance experience
- Identify faults and recommend improvements to prevent reoccurring issues
- Understand routine and preventative maintenance activities.
- Own tools required (some tools will be provided)
- Relevant trade certificates and qualifications (Heavy Vehicle Mechanic qualifications highly regarded);
- QLD Class C Drivers Licence;
- Experience in the repair of heavy vehicles including Mack ,Western Star, Kenworth would be highly regarded;
- A commitment to safe work practices producing quality workmanship within the required timeframe.
- Well-developed communication skills.
Why join Boral?
- Competitive remuneration package including uniforms and 25% Shift loading
- Opportunity to work in a clean purpose built truck workshop at Wacol
- Genuine career development opportunities with on and offsite training
- Organisation dedicated to health, safety and the environment
Boral is an international building products and construction materials group with three divisions: the leading integrated construction materials business of Boral Australia; USG Boral, a plasterboard joint venture in Asia, Australia and the Middle East; and Boral North America, a building products and fly ash business. Employing more than 23,000 employees and contractors, Boral’s operations span 783 operating and distribution sites in 17 countries.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Click to Apply or visit http://careers.boral.com.au