|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are currently seeking a Structural Engineer to join our Darwin office. Centrally located, this role will suit an emerging Engineer keen to gain exposure to a broad range of projects and clients.
Cardno has also embraced 'Work Your Way', which enables flexible working tailored to your individual circumstance through an environment of empowerment and trust. As part of onboarding, Cardno will work with you to tailor a flexible work plan that balances the business needs and your personal circumstances.
Specifically, your duties will include -
- Structural analysis and design management of a variety of civil infrastructure and defence related projects.
- Large scale asset maintenance and condition assessment
- Concept and detailed design of a variety of concrete and steel structures including warehouses, office buildings, multi-storey apartments.
- Providing up to date knowledge of construction methods and their impact on design
- Delivery of practical and innovative engineering solutions for clients
- Collaborating across disciplines to deliver a complete solution to a project
- Ensuring technical work and design calculations are of the highest standard
To be successful you will display -
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering coupled with approximately 2+ years' experience
- Experience within a consulting environment, delivering a wide range of projects
- Experience using a palette of structural materials including concrete, steel, masonry and timber
- Familiarity with the current Australian design codes, including but not limited to AS1170, AS3600, AS3700 and AS4100.
- Familiarity with the analysis, design, reporting and presentation tools such as Spacegass, Microstran, Structural Toolkit, RAPT, Inducta (RCB, SLB, PTD and RCC), ETABS, AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- Acute communication skills to liaise with the team, senior management and external stakeholders to produce commercial, client focused outcomes
- An enthusiasm and drive to contribute to the growth and development of the team
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.