|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the Role:
We are seeking an enthusiastic Casework Support Worker to join our Greater Western Sydney Aboriginal PSP team in North Parramatta on a Permanent Full-time basis.
This is a role is responsible for the direct care, supervision and safety of children in Out of Home Care during contact visits with their birth families and significant others and provide other casework support as required.
This is an Aboriginal Identified role. Having an understanding of your local community and key Aboriginal stakeholders in your community is essential
Uniting considers that being an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, is a genuine occupational qualification under s 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW)
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or currently studying a related community sector direct service delivery field.
- Experience in the direct care of children and young people.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, negotiation, consultation and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain a partnership approach with the community and other agencies in all aspects of work.
- Knowledge and understanding of child/adolescent behaviour and development.
- Medium level proficiency in MS Office (particularly MS Word and Excel); ability to utilise email functions.
- Current drivers licence and willingness to transport families and children.
- Understanding of EEO, WH&S and cultural issues.
- Willing to undertake training in attachment and bonding
- A demonstrated passion for social change and contributing to an organization of influence for the most disadvantaged
- Skilled at navigating a complex organization, forging relationships, and managing through influence rather than direct authority as required
- First Aid Certificate or willingness to undertake.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Checks