|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Downer Australia, we are a national supplier, service provider and project delivery business, supporting our customers in all facets of their project lifecycle. Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands. Downer Infrastructure Projects has been successful in securing and delivering a number of exciting large scale Water Infrastructure projects including water treatment and waste water treatment plants. If you are adaptable, proactive and passionate about delivering excellence, here’s your opportunity to be part of something big.
To meet the upcoming demands for design and construct water projects nationwide, Downer has an opportunity for a Principal Mechanical Design Engineer based in our North Ryde (Sydney) office on a full time permanent basis. Reporting to the National Operations and Design Manager, this technical role will require mechanical and hydraulic detailed design and verification of the Mechanical Teams Engineering output for our water and wastewater projects and proposals.
The Principal Mechanical Design Engineer will be an integral member of the mechanical team and work closely with Design Managers, engineers, drafters and construction personnel to design and deliver technical solutions and outputs for various water and wastewater treatment plant and pump station projects and proposals. They will support the engineering and design effort on a wide range of projects primarily producing and checking detailed mechanical and piping engineering designs associated with the water/wastewater industry. The deliverables will support tenders, through to concept and detailed design, and then onto construction and commissioning support.
- Degree in Mechanical / Process Engineering coupled with CPEng and RPEQ accreditation
- Demonstrated experience and recognised expertise in the detailed design of water and wastewater treatment infrastructure
- Demonstrated hydraulic design experience for individual treatment plant components, overall treatment plant, pump stations, pressure and gravity pipelines
- Experience and working knowledge of the hydraulic modelling and surge analysis software packages, design in MBR Filtration Technologies desirable
- Experienced in pipework layout design in different process areas, with larger diameter and long-distance pipeline design highly regarded
- Experience in steel work design for pipe supports, equipment support and lifting frames will be highly regarded
- Preparation of technical specifications and data sheets and tender evaluation
- A demonstrated capacity to identify, manage and mitigate the key design risks in order that they do not adversely impact on the project through its lifecycle
- Highly developed skills in all forms of communication that enable effective interaction between management, employees, contractors and the ability to foster relationships with customers/clients.
- Demonstrated leadership that strives towards the commitment to Safety in Design and Zero Harm
WHAT WE OFFER
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment
- An opportunity to work on a variety of Water/Wastewater Infrastructure projects
- Exposure and contribution to all stages of the project from concept feasibility through to delivery
- The ability to further your professional career in a multi-disciplined integrated infrastructure services business environment
To apply for this role, please submit your resume via the links provided. Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply
For more information, please contact email@example.com, however, applications must be made via the careers portal and will not be accepted via email.