|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
Downer Utilities has been successful in securing and delivering a number of exciting large scale Power and Water Infrastructure projects including:
- Transmission and Distribution Substations and power lines;
- Wind Farms;
- Utility Scale Solar Farms (>100MW); and
- Waste Water Treatment Plants.
To optimise on new opportunities Downer is seeking an experienced Junior Drafter to be based in our Wollongong office for a full time permanent role .
The responsibility Junior Drafter is to produce drawings and design in a manner that complies with Downers drawing procedures & CAD Users’ Manual, along with Downer or Client specific drawing, design guidelines and standards. This is an entry level drafting position performing introductory and elementary CAD/drafting assignments designed to develop knowledge and skills. Reporting to both the Capability Manager and the Lead Drafter, you will gain exposure to a wide range of projects and work with a team of professionals based in our Melbourne office.
- Must possess an Associate’s degree and/or post high school training in Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CAD)
- 0-2 years’ related experience
- Basic knowledge of CAD drafting principles and practices and mathematical aptitude
- Applies design principles and uses feedback to modify designs
- The ability to plan and organise own work and to meet established deadlines
- A high level of customer service and self-motivation, a desire to pursue training and development opportunities to improve skills
- Ability to apply and maintain quality standards on project deliverables
- Experienced in maintaining effective accurate records / documents
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills - writes clearly and informatively
- Capacity to operate as an effective and collegial member of a team, in a highly competitive, fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Satisfactory level of competency with drawing preparation and production
- Experience and/or working knowledge of the following software applications: Microstation V8i, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Autodesk Revit, Autodesk Navisworks Manage, CAD macro development experience, Document management systems
WHAT WE OFFER
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment is at the forefront of all that we do
- An opportunity to work on large scale Power and Water Infrastructure and Renewable Energy projects
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team
- Great range of benefits for our employees
HOW TO APPLY
Apply for this great opportunity by clicking 'apply' below. For further information and a confidential discussion please contact Liz Skewes on firstname.lastname@example.org
"As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply".
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES!