|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
Downer have been successful in securing and delivering a number of exciting large scale Power and Water Infrastructure projects including:
- Transmission and Distribution Substations and power lines;
- Wind Farms;
- Waste Water Treatment Plants.
To optimise on new opportunities Downer is seeking an experienced Senior Mechanical Design Drafter to be based in our North Ryde office on a full time permanent basis .
The responsibility of the Senior Design Drafter is to produce 3D Models/drawings and design in a manner that complies with Downers drawing procedures & CAD Users’ Manual, along with Downer or Client specific drawing, design guidelines and standards. Reporting to the Regional CAD Lead, the Senior Design Drafter is responsible for working with design team members, including Mechanical and Process Engineers and CAD Specialists to create complete designs. The ideal candidate will have the ability to play a role in the entire design for manufacture process including but not limited to preliminary assessment, concept creation, design problem resolution, design validation and assist with procurement.
- Advanced Diploma of Engineering or relevant Tertiary Qualification or Diploma
- 7 to 10 years’ of relevant experience at an intermediate / senior level
- Construction Safety Awareness Training Skills & Experience Required
- Understanding of the Safety in Design legal requirements
- Understanding of ISO 19650 and the application of its concepts and principles.
- Proven skill in developing and implementing Digital Engineering Execution Plans on projects
- Proven skills in problem solving and effective communication and leadership, the ability to meet established deadlines and have experience with Microsoft Office
- Provide design estimates to the bid manager for project tenders
- The ability to plan and organise own work and to meet established deadlines
- A high level of customer service and self-motivation
- Ability to apply and maintain quality standards on project deliverables
- Experienced in maintaining effective accurate records / documents
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to operate as an effective and collegial member of a team, in a highly competitive, fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Satisfactory level of competency with drawing preparation and production
- Experience and/or working knowledge of the following software applications: AutoCAD (must have), AutoCAD Plant 3D, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Autodesk Revit, Autodesk Navisworks Manage, Autodesk Vault Professional, Autodesk BIM 360, Bentley Microstation, CAD macro and API development experience, Document management systems
WHAT WE OFFER
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment is at the forefront of all that we do
- An opportunity to work on large scale Power and Water Infrastructure and Renewable Energy projects
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team
- Great range of benefits for our employees
Apply for this great opportunity by clicking 'apply' below. For further information and a confidential discussion please contact Liz Skewes on firstname.lastname@example.org
"As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply".
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES!