|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer is one of Australia’s largest and most experienced providers in the Power Systems and Infrastructure Projects market. We have successfully secured several Transmission Lines and Substation infrastructure projects and we are now seeking a Contracts Administrator to support delivery of a large transmission line project within the Power Systems team in South Australia.
This position will support the Senior Contracts Administrator to deliver commercial outcomes across the project. This opportunity will be project based initially in Whyalla on a FIFO/DIDO basis on a 3/1 roster from Adelaide.
The role will require good use of initiative. Day to day, your duties will include job creation, raising purchase orders and cross checking against invoices, processing payments to construction/supplier partners, maintaining and updating the invoice register, following up paperwork to ensure correct data is gathered and assisting the procurement and wider project team on any ad hoc duties as required. The ability to provide commercial support combined with proven administration experience within a large project team in a dynamic environment, will ensure your success in this position.
- Tertiary qualification in construction management or quantity surveying
- Proven administration experience within a large organisation and high attention to detail
- Proven experience in the preparation of contract agreements
- working knowledge of the infrastructure market sectors (power infrastructure highly regarded)
- Previous exposure working for or with different power utilities and infrastructure clients
- working knowledge of project management principles and project control applications
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and SharePoint
- Good working knowledge of JDE Accounts is preferred but not essential and/or knowledge of project financial reporting tools
- Sound working knowledge of risk management principles and application of process
- Collaborative communication style with the ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- High level of self-discipline, self-motivation, energy and initiative
- Willingness to be site based on a FIFO/DIDO basis
WHAT WE OFFER
- A workplace that pushes your business skills into high gear as you work on some of Australia’s and the world’s most interesting and meaningful projects.
- A rare opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
Apply for this great opportunity by clicking 'apply' below. For further information and a confidential discussion please contact Liz Skewes on email@example.com
"As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply".
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES!