|Job Type:||Full Time|
Suit experienced, results driven Business Relationship Manager looking to join a high performing team
Flexible workplace & Collaborative team – Sydney CBD location
- Awarded Best Relationship Business Bank 2017 at the industry’s premier Business Banking Awards hosted by RFi Group
About the Role
Working closely with the Head of Business Banking, this role requires an experienced Business Relationship Manager to on-board, retain and manage a portfolio of mid-market and SME clients. Further, you will be responsible in achieving consistent growth results, ensuring year-on-year (YOY) growth is achieved across your client portfolio, via:
- Writing new to bank credit submissions which will predominately be self-sourced
- Achieving lending growth, revenue and cross-sell targets, ensuring sustainable and profitable growth
- Ensuring a strong focus upon compliance (including operational risks, annual reviews, expiries, data integrity etc)
- Professionally manage client relationships, ensuring retention and advocacy is achieved with existing quality customers
- Provide exceptional leadership support, guidance and coaching to the Business Relationship Officer
You are distinguished from your peers due to your well-developed relationship management experience and passion for exceeding client expectations. Further, you will demonstrate previous leadership experience and a background in commercial banking. Your impressive track record will speak for itself. You will demonstrate a professional approach at all times, be able to communicate strongly and openly to both individuals and groups, think outside the square and have exceptional stakeholder engagement capability. Above all else, you will be a self-directed, motivated team player who is passionate about providing a better client experience.
At BOQ we support our people to be their best! We are passionate about providing opportunities for you to grow and develop your career with us. We value integrity, place empathy at the core of everything we do, and are committed to re-imagining banking for our customers, shareholders and our people. We are proud to back Australian businesses.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced! It’s our people that help us achieve and make things possible.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.