|Job Type:||Full Time|
Location: Melbourne based
Reporting to the National Fleet Manager, as our Fleet Coordinator you will an integral part of the team managing the purchase and delivery, mid life management and end of life on the fleet of our supermarket transport assets (predominantly trailers) liaising with site based transport teams and suppliers whilst ensuring safety and compliance of the fleet, managing costs to budgets, achieving KPIs and minimising downtime.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Repair authorisation, cost management and control
- Repairs, maintenance & wash scheduling
- Manage damage from carriers and coordinate reimbursements
- Insurance claim and infringement management
- Manage registration renewals
- Technical fleet support to Site Transport Teams
- Fleet reviews, taking into consideration fleet size and profile, and peak period planning
- Lead KPI Reporting and review meetings
- Conduct supplier and asset audits
- Support for new vehicle design, procurement and delivery, providing input to the fleet replacement planning
- Coordination of asset end of lease return or disposal
- Continually reviewing systems, processes and policies with a view of continuous improvement and a drive consistency across all sites
You will be responsible for operational planning managing the scheduling, execution and cost of repairs and maintenance to Woolworths owned/controlled fleet and assets; As well as this you will authorise repairs through to payment of invoices - controlling our ~$10m fleet operational cost, ensuring all Fleet related regulatory requirements are met in full compliance (Vehicle Registrations, Food Authority, COR, etc.)
- Trade certificate in Automotive fields such as Vehicle Mechanic, Body Builder, Auto Electrician. Further studies in Management highly desirable
- 3+ years Fleet Maintenance/Management or related role
- Experience with supplier management and negotiation, issue resolution/problem solving
- Experience with heavy vehicle / trailer and refrigeration repairs
- Costs management and reporting
- Knowledge of relevant HVNL legislation and national registration requirements
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to analyse problem situations
- Computer literate, Reporting and analysis
- Stakeholder management
Our team are taking a well-deserved break between 24th December and 4th January 2021. If you wish to apply for this role, we'll be in touch with an update on your application in the new year. Wishing you and your family a wonderful festive season.
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You