|Location:||Eight Mile Plains|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Lead People Steward - Data Governance
- This role can be Sydney or Brisbane based
- Newly created role
- Collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders across business units
The People Data and Insights (PDI) team aim to be a valued business partner and advisor who understand the business’ strategic direction and needs. Our mission is to make trusted people data accessible and governed to unlock and provide a deeper insight into what drives better team experience and advocacy, choosing Woolworths as a place to work and a place to shop. We are looking for a Lead People Steward to act as the custodian of People data and work with teams across PDI, People Systems and the rest of Woolworth’s Business Units ensuring People data is used effectively and securely.
In this role, you will work closely with the other People Stewards, the Business Stewards, the Data Integrity team, the Group Data Management team and the Domain Owner for People data. You will also be required to work across multiple business groups, building and maintaining strong relationships. You will use your ability to support a diverse set of stakeholder groups to effectively manage their data issues and incidents, contribute to the identification and remediation of business unit and enterprise level issues, together with implementing the frameworks to ensure sustainability.
Working with multiple stakeholders across the Woolworths Group you will:
- Serve as central point of contact and “custodian” for People data
- Create and manage standards and policies for People data
- Manage the business glossary and data lineage for People data
- Embed governance principles through policies
- Act as an escalation point for any People data related issues
- Collect any feedback from the Business and enhancement requests
- Set the cadence for and drive the agenda for People data governance forums
- Work with the data integrity team to monitor People data quality
- Provide assistance to the data integrity team in the root cause analysis of any People data quality issues
- Collaborate with leadership across the People data domain and the Business Stewards to identify business needs and implement data capabilities and processes
- Look across the business to ensure appropriate representation and participation in the data governance forums
- Ensure appropriate involvement from support functions (e.g.IT, Group Data Management, etc.) for data initiatives
- 5+ years experience working in Data Governance role
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong influential and relationship building skills (credible within Business and IT)
- Strong analytical skills, with an ambition of data quality outcomes
- Proven ability to deliver projects and outcomes
- Experience interpreting and analysing data and use of statistical tools
- Experience working with business and technical project stakeholders to translate business requirements into data requirements
- Experience implementing data quality rules / business rules / data controls
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to prioritise business and information needs and identify new processes and improvement opportunities.
Our team are taking a well-deserved break between 24th December 2020 and 4th January 2021. If you wish to apply for this role, we'll be in touch with an update on your application in the new year. Wishing you and your family a wonderful festive season.
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.