GEMCO is one of the world's largest manganese mining and concentrating operations located on Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, accounting for over 20% of the worlds' manganese ore production. GEMCO controls and operates all aspects of mining, processing, logistics and shipping on Groote Eylandt.
We’re hiring a professional to integrate into Fixed Plant Reliability Engineering team at our exciting open cut operation. You’ll be degree qualified in Electrical Engineering and have significant minerals processing/ heavy industry experience. You’ll use your significant industry experience to drive a culture of safety, innovation and continuous improvement as we continue to improve performance of all fixed plant assets at our GEMCO operation.
As a South32 team member, we want to set you up for success. You’ll do this with our team of experts through coaching and mentoring opportunities, and connection to the broader Reliability Engineering function team members. We will help you connect with new colleagues, so you can build strong work relationships, grow your knowledge of the mining and metals industry and provide you with an environment that empowers you to get on with the job.
This role reports to the Senior Reliability & Maintenance Engineer and is offered on either a residential basis or FIFO from Darwin or Cairns, working a 7 days on 7 days off roster pattern. From here, you can make the most of your lifestyle friendly roster exploring the tropical north, with easy access to a multitude of locations showcasing the rich culture and heritage of these regions. Our GEMCO community gives you the chance to throw a line in at the end of the day or catch a stunning sunset over the water. For the fitness inclined, you could choose to burn off some energy in one of our gyms, have a hit on the tennis courts or wash away the day in our lap pool.
You’re a good fit with this role if you have:
- A Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or an Electrical Trade certificate and significant experience in a similar reliability role
- Extensive experience in mining, minerals processing or similar heavy industry environment
- Sound understanding of reliability centred maintenance and the ability to develop preventative maintenance strategies
- Excellent analytical and investigative skills with specific experience in root cause analyses for fixed plant, electrical equipment
- Experience with power generation, HV distribution systems, HV switching and risk management
- Understanding of arc flash risk and safe operation and testing of electrical plant and equipment
- Experience with PLC / SCADA control systems
- Experience with the maintenance of instrumentation including calibration standards and methods
- SAP Experience
- Proficiency in software such as Microsoft Office, OnePM and Apollo RCA will be highly regarded
- Chartered Professional Engineer – CPEng MIEAust – Engineers Australia – desirable
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded. In addition to a competitive salary and bonus program, South32 also offer up to 6 months paid parental leave, participation in Employee Share Plans and Education/Professional Development Assistance.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.