|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Networks and Cyber Security Senior Engineer is a senior member of the Corporate Networks and Optus Security Operations Centre (OSOC) team. There are 4 vacancies in total and we will consider a range of experiences.
They are also responsible for Network and Security operations & administration for corporate IT networks supporting Enterprise serving products and applications and Security operations monitoring and response.
- Working in a 24/7 shift environment
- Perform Shift supervisor duties
- Coaches and mentoring junior engineers
- Monitoring, measuring and recommending ways to improve network performance and the customer’s experience
- Performs monitoring and incident response for Optus Security Operations Centre (OSOC)
- Performs Operations and administration for Cisco TACACS, Cisco ISE, Campus Wi-Fi, NMS systems, Load Balancers, X.25, Firewalls, Corporate VPN for remote tele-commuting and many other networks
- Uses advanced networking, security and systems skills to perform incident and change management
- Analysis and response to escalated security and network events from incidents received within SLA
- Responsible for the network surveillance, analysis and fault rectification for all Corp IP network & Security issues supported team
- Manage and resolve network faults within KPI, which can be detected via system alarms, network maintenance, or by other means, and with a focus on real time network events.
- Manage and resolve customer incidents within set KPI’s
- Perform shift supervisor role which will include staff administration for the shift, monitoring of the incident queue to ensure all incidents are progressing to meet KPI, delegation of tasks, coordination of resources during a major, escalation of incidents that are not resolved within KPI, and effective handover to next shift.
- Liaise with other fixer groups within the NMC, GDC, IT, Field, Exchange, Tier2, Engineering and vendors.
- Escalation of service incidents to relevant fixer group, management in accordance with procedures and guidelines.
- Escalation of incidents which meet “major” criteria to the Optus Command Centre (OCC).
- Prioritise and complete maintenance and routine tasks with minimal supervision, to deliver maximum service availability.
- Strong working knowledge across Optus network and architecture
- Present recommendations for network optimisation
- Present recommendations for security optimisation
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a Computing or telecommunications discipline
- Working knowledge of virtualized networking, security and application systems
- Working knowledge of Information security best practices & network security architecture
- Knowledge of Unix / Linux operating systems
Understanding of the components that comprise a successful information security program
- Familiarity with secure engineering principles, risk management, technical information security testing, and classified environments
- Understanding of security controls for common platforms and devices, including Windows, Unix, Linux, and network equipment
- Working knowledge and experience on Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint, Alteon, Fortinet router, switches and firewall technologies
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking experience
- Advanced knowledge of IP Tables/Packet filter firewalls
- Operational knowledge and experience of Authentication systems such as AD, LDAP, RADIUS and TACACS
- Advanced Operational knowledge of ticketing and knowledge management systems such as Jira, HP service desk, service now
- Advanced knowledge of threat management systems and feeds
- Working knowledge of Data analytics tools such as SPLUNK and ELK
- Working knowledge of AI and Machine learning algorithms and technology