|Job Type:||Full Time|
WHO WE ARE
Keolis Downer is Australia's largest private provider of multi-modal public transport. We are the largest light rail operator in Australia and one of the nation's most significant bus operators. Keolis Downer provides services to more then 210 million people each year.
Keolis Downer is Australia's largest private multi-modal operator with 20+ years of local presence with Southlink and LinkSA. We support 250 million passenger journeys annually in Australia.
Keolis Downer is committed to providing the highest quality of Rolling Stock Services in the local SA and greater Australian markets. This is a great time to join an industry leader who has built a trusted reputation on the quality of service and further develop your career in the Adelaide Rail Transformation Program.
Join the team in the role of Train Crew Supervisor and play a pivotal part in ensuring the safe and efficient planning and dispatch of rolling stock units and crew resources daily.
- Must possess the sound ability to formulate appropriate solutions to complex operational problems within a dynamic changing rail environment
- Possessing strong planning, organisation and prioritisation skills are Essential
- Applied working knowledge of transit management software IVU, Hastus, Railsys and Excel is highly desirable
- Sound interpersonal skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a multi-skilled environment
- Strong ability to respond efficiently to high pressure situations
- Highly effective negotiation skills and ability to work with a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and influence others in an environment of change
- Previous working experience in a resource planning role, within in a fast-paced business environment
- Prior understanding of public transport operations and planning principles for public transport services is highly desirable
- A history of working within the rail environment and understanding of safety and compliance to National Law is highly advantageous
- Ability to respond quickly and rationally to problems as well as work collaboratively on complex issues
- Must possess a current, valid and unrestricted Australian Drivers Licence
- Coordinate the day-to-day fleet movements and ensure the OCC is informed of all changes in a timely manner
- Coordinate the allocation of on-shift train drivers and PSA’s to ensure that scheduled tasks are delivered without disruption of services
- Oversee and coordinate the short-term allocation of shifts and overtime fairly amongst the team
- Coordinate and schedule timely railcar maintenance
- Maintain and coordinate all servicing requirements and records associated with railcar repairs
- Undertake investigations and implement appropriate action on reports concerning service delays, customer complaints, driver errors or mechanical failure of rail cars as well any recommendations to enhance or improve an effective rail service
- Work collaboratively with team members to meet deadlines and contribute to the evaluation of service performance objectives
- In this role you will be required to work - shift work in accordance with a 7 day roster which includes morning, night, weekend and public holiday shifts
- You may be required in some instances to present at work in a paid on-call situation to perform crisis management duties in the case of emergency on the network
What we offer:
- A highly supportive, team environment
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- An opportunity to work as part of a new and growing team within a project environment
- Full – time Permanent role based in Adelaide
This opportunity will have you be a part of the team as you ensure that rolling stock and crew member levels are as required for the smooth operation of the Metropolitan Adelaide train network. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring people are allocated the right shifts and all safety measures are not compromised. Your role will allow Keolis Downer to operate and bring forth a world class service to the people of SA and will have the benefits of high exposure and potential growth opportunities that come with a success job well done.
To apply hit “apply now” or contact Anita via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Note: Only applications submitted through the online vacancies will be considered.
Keolis Downer does not accept applications via email)