About this Opportunity
This role will coordinate, review and develop the advocacy, support, referral and brokerage services of DOORWAYS for young people aged 16 to 24 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in the Dubbo and Orana areas. You will also coordinate the Reconnect program with the focus on early intervention case management, review and develop programs and group work that is targeted for young people aged 12-18 and their families who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in Dubbo Local Government Area.
This position is offered on a full-time basis working 35 hours per week and is temporary until January 2022.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Social Sciences, Community Services, or equivalent and relevant to the field of work
- Extensive experience in working with and advocating for vulnerable young people. Proven ability to be accepted by Aboriginal families and communities in the development and delivery of culturally sensitive interventions to regain the place of young Aboriginal people in their family and community.
- Highly developed communication (written and verbal), conflict resolution, negotiation and mediation skills.
- Proven computer literacy including a working knowledge of Excel and Word Demonstrated ability in recruiting, training, supervising and supporting staff to maintain a creative and professional team environment where knowledge and skills are actively developed and shared.
- Demonstrated team leadership and financial management skills.
Benefits & Culture
- Offering ongoing training and mentoring so you can continue to improve and learn new skills
- Ensuring a family friendly workplace and flexible working hours
- 5 days ex-gratia leave at Christmas in addition to your 4 weeks annual leave
- An accessible employee assistance program to support your wellbeing
If you feel you have the passion and ability to make a real difference then please apply now.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Checks