|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Simply put this is pretty a cool job.
At a high level you will engage with customers to understand their business priorities and issues then determine how they can be addressed with Microsoft cloud and partner technologies.
As a Solution Sales Professional (SSP) you form part of the wider team which includes the client executive and technical architects.
Day to day duties centre around the clients, working with them to align the solutions we have to the issues they face. Perhaps that means assisting them to move their on-prem datacentres to our Azure cloud, to build a new website or content management system, to scale or migrate an SAP system or advise on cost saving by deploying apps via containers Vs VM's. You will help diagnose the issues the client faces, then build the solutions with the help of cloud technologist.
Furthermore you will combine our technology with that of our partners such as content management systems, back-up providers, security firms or industry specilaists such as logistics, manufacturing or health partners.
If you are a sales person looking to improve your grasp of cloud technologies or a gifted technologist looking to improve your solutioning and influencing skills then this is the job to apply for.
New year, new career! send us your resume and let's have a chat.
Sounds great, more detials please
The role is focussed in our SMC business, meaning clients who are of a medium size typ 500-5000+ staff, turnover of $100m-$1Bn. The joy of these clients is the access to decision makers and pace of engagement and adoption. No highly complex org charts to navigate or waiting 6 months to talk to the 'boss'.
As a sales role you will also develop a pipeline of projects that help to grow the success of the Azure business, reporting on progress and growth. You will maintain regular contact with your customers across the spectrum from those starting on a cloud journey who need education, advise and set up guidance to those with more advanced needs looking to improve cost optimisation, security or automation.
Specific goals include:
- Growth of the Azure business
- Growth of our Partner solutions
- Market share of new clients joining the platforms
- Use of our advanced services
You will work as part of an energetic, enthusiastic and skilled team. You'll have access to top quality education and training and the ability to build your skills and certifications as you go.
Microsoft also employs some pretty amazing internal technologies to help you be more effective as a solution specialist, using smart AI based platforms to keep track of customer requirements and cloud adoption trends.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong solution sales background, with 5-8 years of technology-related experience, with a focus on cloud infrastructure technologies preferred
- Experience in leading and driving solutions, orchestrating virtual selling teams where necessary, leveraging repeatable offerings
- Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
- Possess executive maturity, presence and experience in building trust with education business decision makers articulating and demonstrating solution propositions, specifically solutions related migration to cloud, hybrid cloud, datacenter infrastructure modernization and how institutions can digitally transform their products, operations, staff and customer engagement
- Ability to drive digital transformation in a highly competitive environment with proven ability to successfully anticipate market changes to drive industry-relevant solutions, with an understanding of competitive technologies to address competitive threats and navigate complex customer environments
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt, and master new concepts and technologies to be able to impact their adoption and usage
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.