|Job Type:||Full Time|
Optus is a place where we let you do you. Whether you’ll be working in our corporate offices or in a retail store, we are a highly collaborative workplace, and offer a range of perks such as:
- A competitive salary
- Discounts on products and services
- Ongoing training, mentoring and development opportunities
- Up to five days of Volunteer Leave per year
- Flexible work options
We understand that flexibility means different things to different people. We are proud to offer a variety of options to work in different ways, such as flexible hours, partial remote working, job share and part-time. Please talk to us about how we can make this role work for you. Our flexible hybrid remote model lets our people work across home and one of our offices across Australia.
Curious about our culture? Go behind the scenes with our people by searching #OptusLife on LinkedIn.
Please no recruitment agencies, we’ll be managing this role in-house. Any resumes submitted outside of our process will be deemed the sole property of Optus.
Join a company dedicated to your career development and where you can simply be yourself at work!
So, Why Optus?
We see ourselves leading Australia in outstanding customer experience. In striving to achieve this, five core values guide us. These are: customer service, our challenger spirit, teamwork, integrity and personal excellence.
We've put a lot of investment behind innovation and would love to work with people who provide ideas that differentiate, disrupt and deliver amazing services for our customers.
About the role:
*** This role involves work for the Australian Government and will potentially have access to classified information/resources. As such, a security clearance is required and therefore it is a requirement that the successful candidate be an Australian Citizen. ***
The objective of Incident & Problem Management is to restore normal operations as quickly as possible with the least possible impact on either the business or the user and to resolve the root cause of incidents and thus to minimize the adverse impact of incidents and problems on business that are caused by errors within the IT infrastructure, and to prevent recurrence of incidents related to these errors.
As a "Technical Incident & Problem Manager" the incumbent will be working with Alphawest & OB Service Operations and service delivery teams to ensure timely service restoration, provide management reporting on Key Performance Indicators, documenting relevant processes to ensure that incidents and problems are being managed within the service level agreements as per client expectations and within contractual boundaries
- Maintaining the Incident Management ITIL Processes
- Producing weekly Incident Management Reports for the Customer and internally which includes statistical graphs, trending analysis and articulation.
- Co-ordinate weekly meetings with xDMs for effective management of current cases and producing reports for open cases to be presented to the customer.
- Coordination of resources to achieve the resolution of an incident which meets customers' requirements
- Technical and Hierarchical Escalation of incidents and problems as required
- Liaise with the Service Delivery Managers and Operational Groups on Priority 1 and 2 Incidents
- Completion of outcomes of Priority 1 and 2 Incident Reports for the Customer.
- Required to meet Customer and Business deadlines and be accountable.
- Ensure Quality Assurance on all Reports to the Customer and the Business.
- Collect data on current investigations of Incidents with the Service Desks and their Team leaders.
- Learning continuously and keeping abreast of technology and operation of the centre
- Creating a positive impression for EMC and Alphawest as a whole
- Maintaining the ICT Problem Management and Error Control Processes based on ITIL Model
- Coordination of resources to achieve the resolution of a problem/incident which meets customers' requirements
- Manage and maintain Know Error Database
- Manage in-depth investigation on ICT related problem in order to minimize or prevent future Incidents.
- Identify and plan for the resolution of high-priority ICT issues
- Understand and manage risks proactively while executing strategic initiatives effectively
- Trend analysis
- Demonstrate strong customer focus, as well as being results driven
- Technical Support Experience or Incident Manager role in a Service provider environment
- Ability to follow and create processes and procedures
- Interact with all levels of staff including technical and management
- Ability to Manage Customer Expectations
- Excellent communication, documentation and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Excellent customer interaction skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills and aptitude.
- Knowledge of operating systems such as NT, Win2K, UNIX, Linux.
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies such as Ethernet, xDSL, Frame-relay, ISDN, ATM
- Excellent time management skills
- ICT experience in a Customer Service Desk and Incident Management environment
- Cloud computing and Unified Comms
Working at Optus will provide you with a range of benefits that will enrich your personal and professional life. With features such as a range on on-site Health and Wellbeing specialists, financial advisers, company discounts and childcare services, we ensure that we provide you with a safe and productive work environment.
Head on over to http://www.optus.com.au/about/careers to find out more about what it's like working with Optus.