|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are Australia's largest superannuation fund, here to help members achieve their best possible retirement outcome. Working with a wide range of stakeholders, we create meaningful value for members and our communities through our diverse workforce of highly competent and highly motivated employees.
Your new team
Our Membership group provides a broad range of services to Fund members, with the goal of positively engaging, educating, growing and retaining our membership. In this team, you will be surrounded by colleagues who consistently deliver with integrity and energy. Our environment enables you to seize exciting career opportunities, to feel trusted and respected, and to lead a fulfilling life with true workplace flexibility.
Your new role
This role is a 1st line risk role, supporting the Senior Manager, Governance & Accountability to ensure that risk across the Membership Group is managed in accordance with the Fund risk management framework. This role requires influence and collaboration, as the successful candidate will work in partnership with functions across the Membership department and other groups within the Fund including Member Experience, Information Technology and Group Risk to achieve the desired outcomes.
Some key responsibilities of the role:
- Ensure 1st line risk is managed in accordance with the Fund's Risk Management Framework including risk identification and management, risk profiling, risk reporting and incident management. Proactively encourage the identification and reporting of key risks, incidents and findings, and development of action plans
- Provide advice and guidance on good risk practices and controls
- Planning and assisting with the execution and findings relating to business continuity plans
- Assist in ensuing that appropriate education and training is designed and implemented for Membership colleagues
- Implement strong risk controls on processes, policies and systems to ensure breaches are limited; actively build and promote a group-wide culture of risk management awareness and appreciation
- Assist in developing and improving risk process and capability maturity within the Fund. Support, lead by example and advocate change in line with the Fund strategy
- Ongoing contribution to Membership's business risk and controls and controls to manage adherence to the GE's FAR obligations and control capability uplift
What you'll need
- 5+ years' experience in compliance or risk management, ideally working in Financial Services including marketing with Financial Services.
- Strong knowledge of risk and compliance frameworks
- Critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations
- High level of personal integrity as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters
- Commercially astute
- Ability to develop and maintain high quality interpersonal relationships with stakeholders at all levels, both within and outside the Fund
- Experience in developing relationships with key stakeholders from a variety of levels
What you will get in return
You will be working with a manager who values and supports your personal growth, in a growing, dynamic and authentic organisation that promotes integrity and puts members first. Other benefits include a competitive salary, genuine flexible working arrangements, discounted travel, income protection insurance and generous leave entitlements.
We are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce into an environment which is inclusive, embraces diversity in all its forms and is a place where you can be you. All roles can flex at AustralianSuper and we're happy to discuss what this can look like for you.
We are proud to be a WGEA certified Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (8 years running) and to be recognised as one of Australia's top 10 workplaces for Dads.
Please apply now, if you share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes and would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results.
Be Inspired, Be Bold, Be you
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.