|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the Role
With New Verticals, we're building Uber's fastest growing, and our next 10^10, business. Global in scope, with a focus on our largest potential grocery and other new verticals markets, the team is responsible for all grocery and new verticals operations/sales/strategy across markets and also manages our integrated operations and efforts with Cornershop. Today, our focus is on the 10 priority markets of the US, Canada, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, UK, FR, Australia, Japan and Taiwan. This scrappy, nimble and high performing team is tasked with building a sustainable high growth business as we expand from restaurants to other high growth verticals. At Uber we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world. We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together
The New Verticals ANZ Account Director will lead growth and retention of our largest retail partnerships in ANZ as well as playing a key role in retail acquisition.
A successful Account Director deeply understands our retail partners; builds strong relationships with decision makers and influencers throughout the organization; and effectively identifies and exploits opportunities to improve core business metrics for our partners and for Uber Eats.
You have previous customer-facing experience at executive levels, and have a strong track record of delivery against commercial business targets with evidence of growing existing partners as well as acquisition of new.
This role is one of the first senior Account management roles in the New Verticals team and will therefore play in important role in defining the future of New Verticals account management becoming an expert in this space and help to build out the new business model, scaling for hyper growth from the outset.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
What You'll Do:
- Lead post-deal partner management for a book of ANZ's high value and high potential Uber Eats retail partners
- Own partner relationships to achieve revenue growth targets for your partners and ensure high retention by driving mutual business value.
- Be the voice of the customer to internal stakeholders - translate their needs and advocate on their behalf.
- Understand the stakeholder landscape and ensure we have strong relationships throughout our retail partner organisations. Represent Uber at relevant events at national and local levels.
- Conceive, design and lead innovative growth initiatives with our partners and drive through to completion, working cross functionally with Uber's internal teams and our restaurant partners
- Set, track and report on performance metrics of restaurant partners, run quarterly business reviews and implement joint business planning
- Negotiate complex deals and the manage the associated commercial and legal processes
- Play a key role in building out the Account management function in the New Verticals team, implementing learnings, processes and tools from previous roles
- Act as a coach and mentor to more junior commercial roles in the New Verticals team
What you'll need
- 8 years of customer or partner facing experience. Quota-carrying experience preferred.
- Track record of effectively managing a significant book of business including opportunity / risk analysis, forecasting and outperforming metrics-based business goals
- Commercial acumen. Understanding of how businesses and organizations work and how to navigate a partner's business; in particular experience working with retailers and or CPGs will be a big advantage
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage diverse stakeholders across businesses and levels.
- Project management and organizational skills. Experience working cross-functionally preferred. Marketing experience a plus.
- Early stage sales experience - comfortable selling and building out new propositions and identifying product market fit with clients
- Entrepreneur at heart - will thrive in a fats paced environment focussed on hyper growth of a new vertical - proactive approach to business growth, creative, flexible and love a big challenge!