The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for a Primary School Facilitator to join the Community Impact team and be based on the Gold Coast or in Sydney. We are seeking an engaging and passionate Facilitator who has a disability or has the knowledge and understanding of living with a disability. This role is offered on a casual basis requiring availability for approximately two-three days per week, primarily during school term time.
The Community Impact team design, develop, implement and evaluate large-scale behaviour change, education and community programs on behalf of both corporations and governments, with an outcome to create a social benefit in society.
This exciting role is focused on the delivery of a program that equips Australian primary school aged students with an understanding of living life with a disability and giving them a strong appreciation of social inclusion from an early age. The program is called Just Like You. We work in partnership with a children’s charity, whose funding and support means the program can be offered at no additional cost to primary schools. This is a genuine educational initiative delivered by a team of people who REALLY want to make a difference. You can check out the program at: http://www.justlikeyou.org.au.
- Deliver world class disability inclusion workshops to primary school-aged students across the Gold Coast
- Build and maintain successful relationships with schools to ensure continued partnerships
- Achieve KPIs related to workshop quality and evaluation feedback
- Act as an outstanding brand ambassador for our client
Delivery will typically take place within a 60km radius of the CBD and therefore travel is a requirement of this position. Ideally, the successful candidate will hold a valid driver’s license and have access to own car with compulsory third-party insurance.
Applicants with a disability are encouraged to apply – alternative travel arrangements will be considered for any candidate who does not hold a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge and understanding of living with a disability, including lived experience
- Previous experience in presenting, teaching, educating or performing; ideally to primary school age groups (although this isn’t essential)
- Ability to engage, inspire and motivate school-aged audiences through face-to-face and digital mediums
- Must be able to quickly learn and retain content for presentations
- As a Facilitator, you must hold a valid and current Working with Children Check
- Experience with behaviour management and the ability to problem solve on the fly
- Strong administration skills with great attention to detail and the ability to follow processes
- A purpose and values driven attitude – you want to make a positive impact in the community
- A self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work independently and remotely