|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
About the role
Downer Defence have an opportunity to work on one of our engagements with Defence that is focussed on strengthening the cyber defences of deployed ADF networks and platforms. Key to this capability is delivering a training program to support the growth of the ADF cyber workforce, that includes virtual cyber training environments and tools. The Business Case Writer is required to develop content for the business case, cabinet submission and associated briefing material to enable Defence CLC and Government 2 Pass process for the next stage of this key project.
The successful candidate will drive this work through engagement with subject matter experts from the Capability Manager, Delivery Agency, and other Defence stakeholders including the Services.
They will work at the direction of the Tranche 2 Lead and collaborate closely with the Tranche 2 PM and Cost Modeller to develop the suite of materials and achieve project milestones.
- Proven experience in strategic communications for senior executive and government audiences.
- Strong technical analysis and writing including development of materials in consultation with capability managers, technical specialists and users.
- Experience in business case development for Defence CLC and/or Government 2 pass processes.
- Excellent organization, engagement and collaboration capabilities.
Eligibility : Due to the nature of the role and client requirements, applicants must be Australian Citizens and hold an active NV1 or higher level Australian Federal Government Security Clearance.
What we offer:
- A values driven business with a focus on our people, our relationships, integrity and excellence in delivery
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
- Access to Downer career development, financial, health and Lifestyle benefits
- Referral bonuses
- Work and lifestyle balance
For further information please contact Korinda Laine - firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please click “Apply For This Job”
(Please note: Downer Group does not accept applications via email).