|Location:||New South Wales|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Communications and Stakeholder Relations Lead for a major infrastructure project in Sydney. This permanent role offers great career prospects with a privately-owned tier 1 constructor and international engineering enterprise.
Laing O’Rourke encourages a flexible working environment, with the opportunity to work from the office/site and home.
Reporting to the Project Director you will be responsible for developing and leading all stakeholder and community engagement activities for this project in a complex and dynamic environment.
Your audience will be varied, important stakeholders include local residents, local businesses and other projects in the area.
With your team, you will also:
- Manage the Community/ Stakeholder Communications plans
- Devise and implement external/internal communications
- Deliver public affairs management and devise proactive and reactive media, social media and holding lines
- Organise staff volunteering and community legacy activities
- Monitor the environment and identify/ mitigate risks and issues
- Manage the handling and answering of complaints and enquiries
- Recognised and appropriate Stakeholder and Community Liaison tertiary qualifications coupled with 10+ years’ experience in Stakeholder and Community liaison management, consultation and communications on major infrastructure projects; public affairs and events management
- An International Association of Public Participation (IAP2) certification would be highly desirable along with public affairs / media and/ or event management experience
- Previous experience managing people is a must
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.