The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for Senior Consultants within the Climate Change and Sustainability Services team in our Melbourne office.
The EY Climate Change and Sustainability Services team is the biggest sustainability consulting team in Oceania. Our multidisciplinary team comprises 230 experienced professionals across Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, as well as Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington, and advises a large proportion of the ASX 200 to help them drive performance beyond their bottom line.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team across a range of industries, assisting organisations on how they manage and report on climate risk and greenhouse emissions
- Contribute to strategy, solutions, methodologies, analytical frameworks and tools to help clients succeed and navigate complex regulatory environments and manage stakeholder expectations
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key business decision-makers, both internally and externally
- Identifying and communicating trends, developments, and key performance drivers relevant to the client, while demonstrating a deep understanding of the industry and marketplace
- Tertiary qualification, such as in engineering or environmental sciences, economics or accounting
- Knowledge of relevant climate change and energy policy, legislation, guidance and standards as well as a good understanding of the impacts of climate change
- Practical experience with energy and emissions reporting schemes including National Greenhouse Emissions Reporting (NGER) scheme, the Safeguard Mechanism and the Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF)
- Climate risk assessment and disclosure experience, including knowledge of the Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosure (TCFD) Framework
- Knowledge of, and experience in decarbonisation approaches and climate strategy.
- Experience in assurance or auditing, climate risk or decarbonisation is highly desirable