The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
Our Valuations, Modelling and Economics Practice is going through an exciting period of growth.
We are looking for Economists (Consultant through to Manager) within the Modelling and Economics team in either of our Melbourne, Sydney or Canberra offices. This role is offered on a flexible full time basis.
These opportunities will see you play a leading role in the growth of these Practices and the delivery of a number of current high profile engagements working with our global networks and fast-moving clients.
As part of our team, you’ll develop your capabilities working with our high profile public and private sector clients across Australia, New Zealand and the world. Our diverse client portfolio will build your capabilities in high quality analysis, managing relationships and challenging assumptions. In our friendly, collaborative environment, you’ll receive the support, formal training and coaching you need to progress quickly along the career path you choose.
- Delivery of solutions across the life-cycle of public and private engagements
- Economic assessments and modelling
- Statistical and econometric forecasting
- Labour market modelling and analysis
- Bespoke modelling of complex business problems
- Economic appraisals including cost-benefit analysis and economic impact analysis
- Policy development and regulatory advice across a number of sectors including public policy planning, strategy development and delivery
- Liaise directly with client contacts
- Coordinating and developing detailed proposals and other business development material
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
- Excellent interpersonal and client management skills
- Exceptional report writing and communication skills
- Strong quantitative skills having undertaken economic and/or econometric analysis
- An analytical and commercial background gained from the corporate or government sectors
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams as well as independent research of client inquiries and emerging issues, including policy guidelines, industry trends and practices
- Experience managing teams in the scoping and production of deliverables for clients, such as models and reports
- Experience designing, overseeing development and reviewing best-practice economic models
- Experience deploying production grade economic models to client environments and successfully integrating the model into client processes
- Ability to define and solve problems, research issues and potential solutions, and provide advice on policy, program guidelines, market trends and industry practices
- Economics, public policy or other relevant qualifications (or equivalent work experience) combined with analytical experience gained from working in corporate and/or government sectors
- Experience in economic analysis, economic impact studies, econometrics, forecasting, bespoke business modelling, cost-benefit analysis, and/or economic policy and possibly regulatory analysis
- Ability to review and/or program in R, Python and SQL is highly desirable at any rank
- An understanding of statistical, simulation, optimisation, machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques will be advantageous at any rank