|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking for your next career move? Do you need a lifestyle change? We have an opportunity for you to join us on large scale operation with a life expectancy of 20 years
Downer Mining are seeking for experienced Underground Service Crew to join the team on a permanent basis at Carrapateena , a large-scale, world class modern underground mine owned by OZ minerals located in South Australia 160km north of Port Augusta.
The Carrapateena team works a lifestyle friendly fly in fly out shift roster of 14/14. We have short chartered flights from Adelaide or Port Augusta to site.
Your New Role
Reporting to the Mine Superintendent, you will be responsible for working safely underground alongside the underground crew.
As part of the service crew, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Extension of air and water services to required working areas
- Movement and installation of pumps
- Ventilation maintenance and construction of ventilation walls
- Ventilation bag extensions, maintenance, and repair
- Assisting other underground crews where required
- Experience working underground hard rock in a service crew is essential
- Current manual drivers license
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean workspace at all times
- Willing and able to pass Pre-employment checks, including a National Police Check
- You will have initiative and a flexible approach to work with effective communication skills
- Committed to a No Harm Environment
- You are a team player who enjoys working with others to achieve great results
What We Offer
- Accommodation provided by Tjungu village which offers free Wi-Fi, great dining facilities with a range of food options as well as a range of lifestyle options to make you feel at home;
- Telstra 4G mobile network coverage available across site;
- A permanent role with a competitive and attractive hourly rate and accrual of 5 weeks AL with competency-based pay increases;
- Access to a range of employee benefits and discounts on health insurances and local health check programs, as well as discounted vehicle hire and much more!;
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative;
- Access to a range of career development and advancement opportunities;
- Our Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all employee;
- Job security in the form of a long term contract and a long term mine life.
How To Apply
To register your interest, please hit the “apply now” button and follow instructions to register
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and develop your career within a highly successful organisation. If you are passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, apply now.