|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Psychologist to join our program in Dubbo.
Uniting Western aims to support families, strengthen relationships, improve the wellbeing of children and young people and increase participation of people in community life to enhance family and community functioning.
As the Psychologist, you will provide primarily early intervention and prevention services to all types of families at any stage in a family relationship. Services will include any or all of these service types: information and referral; support; education and skills training; counselling; dispute resolution; outreach; and community capacity building and development.
Your experience ticks the following boxes:
- AHPRA registration as a Psychologist
- Post graduate qualifications and/or training in individual, couple or family therapy.
- Proven ability to be accepted by Aboriginal families and communities in the development and delivery of culturally sensitive interventions.
- Competence in working with issues of violence.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high conflict individuals, couples and families with complex issues.
- Demonstrated understanding of Child Protection issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as be able to contribute to the functioning of a team.
- Excellent communication, organisation and report writing skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Minimum three years previous experience in individual, couple and family therapy.
- Experience in working with children and adolescents.
- Prior experience in group facilitation.
- Experience and expertise in program promotion and liaison.
- Experience in working within a Family Law context.
- Familiarity with the Family Law Act and other relevant legislation (e.g. Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act).
Why work for Uniting?
Uniting is a not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services for children, young people and families in New South Wales and the ACT. We offer the following:
- A career that matters in an organisation that makes a difference
- A family friendly and supportive work environment
- Take advantage of Salary Packaging Benefits
- 17.5% Annual Leave loading
- An additional 5 days of paid leave at Christmas time, in addition to annual leave accruals
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Checks