|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
A bit about your role:
Reporting to the Civil Delivery Manager you will be responsible for operating a Horizontal Directional Drill consisting of pulling back duct and pipes, direct connection of duct and pipe jointing, Using Falcon location equipment to steer the drill, and other Trenchless Methodology works as required. Not only will you be operating multiple machines but you will also be assisting on the ground as and when required completing work other than Horizontal Directional Drilling.
You will also identify any obstacles and determine best lay position. Your can do attitude and a hands on approach will make you carry out the installations effectively and safely.
A bit about you:
We are seeking applicants with the following skills and attributes:
- Have the ability to handle pressure in a sometimes challenging environment
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to build & maintain relationships with customers and team members
- Be a team player, positive, energetic and focused on achieving the desired goals
- Have at least 2 years' experience using HDD equipment including locating.
- Have full class 4 HT license and Wheels Tracks and Rollers
- Have previous experience working in the water industry (not essential but will be advantageous)
- Have traffic management experience
A role with the Downer Water Team can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment. We provide comprehensive training to meet the stringent criteria of our industry, a competitive remuneration package reflective of your skills and experience, and all the tools of trade you need to do your job.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 575416 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.