|Job Type:||Full Time|
This role is part of the Cloud Capability and Solution Design team, and has primary responsibility in the following areas:
- Capability Development: Supporting the Product Team in development and delivery of new capabilities and services. The role will be primarily focused on operationalising products and services within the OE ICS delivery groups.
- Capability Design: Supporting the OE sales/pre-sales teams in addressing new, bespoke ICT Managed Service business opportunities.
- Capability Lifecycle: Supporting the lifecycle management of existing OE product and services.
- SaaS Product Monthly Billing Support - Assisting with monthly billing activities for existing SaaS products (as needed).
This is a challenging role that requires technical domain expertise in the following ICT portfolios – Public Cloud (AWS, Microsoft, Google), Private (VMWare, Dell-EMC, Pure Storage, Cisco, NetApp, etc) and CoLo (NextDC, Equinix, CDC).
The role entails designing solutions for both product and service as part of capital investment programs but also as part of bespoke presales opportunities coupled with strong knowledge of ITIL Service Management frameworks and the ability to apply aspects of these to product and service development.
You’ll also possess strong business analysis skills, as well as an understanding of the drivers and dynamics of product and service delivery. The role will work on a number of projects in parallel, specifying processes, policy, procedure and work instructions along with technical design. The role is accountable for such outputs along with supporting those whom are responsible for preparing such process, policy, procedure and work instructions outputs plus operational acceptance and sign off.
The role will require the preparation and presentation of output such as ideas, recommendations and process deliverables up to director level management within OE. You'll also engage with OE delivery, IT and billing teams and suits someone with technical operational skills and background as well as an ability to effectively interface with operational teams to maximise results and to ensure best practice customer experience.
To be successful in this role, you are degree qualified in a relevant field (i.e. engineering or computer science) with strong working experience in engineering or solution architecture in the Cloud space and possess;
- Vendor certifications
- Core and Datacentres networking knowledge including SDN and SDW technologies
- Cloud vendor and product knowledge
Additionally, your responsibilities will include (but not limited to);
- Provide SME support to capability development Program Managers in delivering new OE capabilities and services.
- Provide customer journey support in the “Customer Corridor” domains of Research, Buy, Connect, Use Bill, Problem/Service Query, Renew and Exit.
- Specification and/or Development of Process, Procedure, Policy and Work Instruction artefacts and documents that enable the operationalisation of the product or service being developed.
- Support of systems integration and testing of OSS and BSS systems associated with the product or service being developed
- Support the lifecycle of existing OE products, capabilities or services
- Strong personal time and self-management, including the ability to develop and follow own work plans
- Provide consulting expertise and support to a virtual team
- Make ad-hoc presentations of process or product initiatives to stakeholders
Optus is a place where we let you do you. Whether you’ll be working in our corporate offices or in a retail store, we are a highly collaborative workplace, and offer a range of perks such as:
- A competitive salary
- Discounts on products and services
- Ongoing training, mentoring and development opportunities
- Up to five days of Volunteer Leave per year
- Flexible work options
We understand that flexibility means different things to different people. We are proud to offer a variety of options to work in different ways, such as flexible hours, partial remote working, job share and part-time. Please talk to us about how we can make this role work for you. Our flexible hybrid remote model lets our people work across home and one of our offices across Australia.
Curious about our culture? Go behind the scenes with our people by searching #OptusLife on LinkedIn.
Please no recruitment agencies, we’ll be managing this role in-house. Any resumes submitted outside of our process will be deemed the sole property of Optus.