|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role:
This position has the responsibility for managing, implementing and refining the problem management lifecycle and the management of problem tasks within that lifecycle. The position will also be responsible for problem control and error control processes within Optus businesses Global Operations division.
This role will work within an ITIL based framework. As a problem Manager you will need to interact with other ITIL processes such as Knowledge, Incident, Change and Configuration management. You will be responsible for driving down incident trends within Optus Business and the environments that we manage for our clients. The role will also be accountable for effective root cause investigation, problem resolution and implementation, the integrity of the known error database and the impact reduction of incidents that can’t be prevented.
As a problem manager you will do this by ensuring policy, processes and procedures are in place to support business operations. You will facilitate the integration of effective IT Service Management processes into the day to day operation, undertake reporting and analysis, and monitor continual service improvement initiatives across the IT delivery function.
- Single point of contact for one or more problems
- Responsible for ownership and coordination of actions of those problems
- To be proactive in identifying problems, analyse and recommend Service Improvement plans with the possible solutions obtained from technical teams for department or business unit
- Trend analysis
- Internal performance reporting to internal stakeholders
- Client performance reporting to external stakeholders
- Proactively identify and escalate potential risks.
- Contribute to the development of risk management plans, establishment of risk controls and performance of risk mitigation activities.
- Preventing the reoccurrence of incidents across client environments
- Establishing known error records to assist the service desk with incident diagnostics and resolution activities
- Ensure that all process documentation and work instructions are up to date and readily available
- Strong Service Management Knowledge. ITIL Foundation Certification
- Demonstrated Incident and Problem Management experience
- Strong stakeholder management expertise, able to drive process improvement across a diverse and heavily matrixed organisation
- Ability Interact at all levels including technical, Management and Senior Leadership
- Possess strong influence & negotiation skills
- Ability to develop & present high impact messages to senior level management both internal and external
- Strong communications skills able to operate at all levels of the organization including external customers and partners
- Experience within an ICT environment
- Analytical thinking and the ability to analysis details reporting
- Knowledge of network and voice technologies
- Ability to create and maintain process documents.
- Team player demonstrating maturity and a positive attitude towards change
- Methodical and logical approach to managing problems
Optus is a place where we let you do you. Whether you’ll be working in our corporate offices or in a retail store, we are a highly collaborative workplace, and offer a range of perks such as:
- A competitive salary
- Discounts on products and services
- Ongoing training, mentoring and development opportunities
- Up to five days of Volunteer Leave per year
- Flexible work options
We understand that flexibility means different things to different people. We are proud to offer a variety of options to work in different ways, such as flexible hours, partial remote working, job share and part-time. Please talk to us about how we can make this role work for you. Our flexible hybrid remote model lets our people work across home and one of our offices across Australia.
Curious about our culture? Go behind the scenes with our people by searching #OptusLife on LinkedIn.
Please no recruitment agencies, we’ll be managing this role in-house. Any resumes submitted outside of our process will be deemed the sole property of Optus.