|Job Type:||Full Time|
Australia’s Academic and Research Network (AARNet) was established in 1989 and is widely regarded as the founder of the Internet in Australia and renowned as the architect, builder and operator of world-class network infrastructure for research and education.
We are Australia’s National Research and Education Network (NREN). We connect over one million users—researchers, faculty, staff and students—at institutions across Australia, supporting education and research across a diverse range disciplines including high energy physics, climate science, genomics, radio astronomy and the arts.
Nationally, AARNet interconnects Australian universities, the CSIRO, and other organisations who have a research and education mission, or with whom the education and research sector interacts. These include hospitals, vocational training providers, schools and museums. Internationally, AARNet interconnects the Australian Research and Education (R & E) community to the world – and continuously develops new capabilities and partnerships to facilitate seamless data access and transfer.
AARNet also offers a suite of supporting applications to our customers. These include network and collaboration services such as CloudStor and Zoom, that enable innovation in the delivery of research and education.
We are an organisation of innovators, doers, and courageous thinkers. We are not constrained by traditional products and solutions and we constantly strive to build the solutions that our customers will need tomorrow – today. If you have the imagination, foresight and drive to build the future why not come and join us?
The Customer Success team is looking for an Infrastructure Security Engineer to enhance our capability as we begin to on-board some of Australia’s largest universities to AARNet’s new Security Operations Centre service.
In close cooperation with our SOC engineering team, this new position will work directly with customers to prepare and configure important systems for log aggregation, ingestion and parsing. The successful candidate will have varied experience in platform and network systems configuration as well as strong interpersonal skills. Hands-on experience with common scripting, logging and data analysis tools will be an important aspect of a candidate’s assessment.
This role will suit a self-motivated individual who is:
- Someone that takes pride in the quality of their contribution;
- An excellent communicator with technical and non-technical stakeholders alike;
- A logical problem solver with a natural curiosity;
- Able to effectively manage multiple customer environments and prioritise; and
- A finisher – ensures tasks are completed and/or handed over successfully.
- Work closely with team members in the Customer Success group to drive the successful adoption of AARNet’s products and services, and to ensure that customers derive maximum value from the services AARNet provides
- Work closely with the AARNet Security Operations Centre team to ensure the successful on-boarding of new customer infrastructure and services.
- Work with customers to identify opportunities to assist them in integrating and making better use of AARNet’s services.
- Providing support to architect/design activities under the supervision of senior team members;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of products and services in the marketplace relevant to your specialisation area(s) and the research & education sector landscape.
- Maintain relevant technical accreditations.
- Prepare talks and papers showcasing expertise for the education and research community.
- Perform administrating tasks including reporting, documentation, expenses and others as required.
Expertise, experience & qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education in related fields / or 3+ years’ experience in related field;
- 3+ years’ experience working in a Systems Integrator, Service Provider or enterprise environment in a similar role
- Experience working as an infrastructure/network engineer or systems administrator, ideally in an information security discipline;
- Experience writing and maintaining python code as a part of their past role(s);
- Experience working with logging and SIEM platforms (Splunk, ELK, or similar) to manage operational events or issues;
- Experience working with a variety *nix-type systems/distros
- Experience with management of network or network security systems from major vendors (Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, etc.) highly desirable
- Proven incident and problem solving (troubleshooting) skills with an emphasis on a timely and accurate resolution;
- Ability to build strong, trusted relationships through direct customer engagement
- Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with teammates, managers and clients to maintain high service levels in a demanding environment
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills
- Self-motivated, directed and passionate
- Strong team player who enjoys a fast-paced atmosphere
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities, commitments and projects
- Ability to quickly adapt to, learn and gain accreditation on new technologies and procedural changes
- Someone that takes pride in service quality and excellence
Conditions of employment
AARNet is committed to diversity and providing equal opportunity to all. We’re a great place to work if you want to make a difference. Remuneration will be based on skills and experience and will include an above market superannuation package.