|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role:
In this role, your primary focus is to lead and deliver on operational tasks related to vulnerability management interfacing directly with the OB TAC InfoSec team. Tasks will include assessments, validation, and remediation efforts, reporting work in progress and successes through to a wide audience. This individual will act as vulnerability management subject matter expert to OB TAC (Optus Business Technical Assistance Centre) specifically on behalf of the Cloud & DC group. You are expected to build trust, and be highly organised, and capable of autonomous work, actively handling escalations as the threat landscape changes. You would be very comfortable with completing an assessment of conflicting priorities and making key decisions, finally communicating to all stakeholders.
It is expected that all personal will either hold a valid AGSVA NV1 at a minimum or apply and be able to attain Federal Government security clearance.
- Customer experience is positive through management of customer expectations and delivering against those expectations
- Incidents are resolved within SLA and incidents are not open for longer than 10 days.
- Vendors’ are pursued at least every 2 days for updates on incidents that are escalated to them.
- Changes are implemented during the change window as scheduled.
- Problem root cause analysis is completed quickly and converted to change as required.
- As a member of the CDC Tier 2 technical team, you will be responsible for managing the following technologies:
- Server hardware (Cisco, Sun/Oracle, HP) including the upgrade of firmware
- Server Operating Systems including the deployment of security patches and service packs
- Windows Server 2016 & 2012
- RedHat Linux, Oracle Unix and Sun Solaris
- Virtual Infrastructure including the deployment of security patches and service packs
- VMWare ESXi
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Public Cloud like AWS.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in ICT, engineering, marketing or equivalent;
- High level understanding of Telco and ICT technologies and trends
- Demonstrated capability in products & solutions
- Well-developed skills in using desktop applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and in operating in an MS Windows environment.
- Understanding of customer value principles and the ability to create customer and internal documentation to support
- Ability to evaluate and prioritise a feature back
- High level of self-autonomy
- Ability to manage and influence colleagues with strong engagement & negotiating skills
- Presentation skills for internal teams and external customer presentations
- Creative and conceptual thinking
- Sense of urgency, without discounting quality and performing necessary due diligence
- Nimble and resilient to facilitate the desired outcome
Optus is a place where we let you do you. Whether you’ll be working in our corporate offices or in a retail store, we are a highly collaborative workplace, and offer a range of perks such as:
- A competitive salary
- Discounts on products and services
- Ongoing training, mentoring and development opportunities
- Up to five days of Volunteer Leave per year
- Flexible work options
We understand that flexibility means different things to different people. We are proud to offer a variety of options to work in different ways, such as flexible hours, partial remote working, job share and part-time. Please talk to us about how we can make this role work for you. Our flexible hybrid remote model lets our people work across home and one of our offices across Australia.
Curious about our culture? Go behind the scenes with our people by searching #OptusLife on LinkedIn.
Please no recruitment agencies, we’ll be managing this role in-house. Any resumes submitted outside of our process will be deemed the sole property of Optus.