|Job Type:||Full Time|
Sodexo designs, manages and delivers innovative integrated solutions that not only improve the way our clients businesses run on a daily basis, but enhance Quality of Life for our clients, consumers and employees.
Sodexo provides a range of services at remote locations across Australia, servicing both on-shore and off-shore sites, in difficult and challenging environments. At Sodexo, our Energy & Resources segment serves four markets: Mining, Offshore & Marine, Onshore Energy, and Engineering & Construction Projects. Our growing team of employees is dedicated to improving productivity, building meaningful client relationships, reducing on-site problems and improving quality of life for the thousands of Australians who call our remote sites home.
Provide project management administration and delivery through structured project governance and reporting. Implement project activities; project objectives, business case and develop project management plans using the elements of PMBOK and PM principals.
Interact with clients, 3rd party consultants and each stakeholder group through open communication to deliver project objectives and benefits.
Accountabilities or ‘What you have to do’
- Project Delivery for Minor Projects - as onsite Project Supervisor, deliver as per project plan and maintain schedule and financial objectives.
- People Plan – Collaborate with all stakeholder groups to preserve appropriate communication and maintain the technical skills and behaviours required and forward plan for the optimal utilisation of those resources.
- Capability Development – Constantly seek organic growth opportunities through service delivery, identification with site maintenance team and continuous improvement initiatives.
- HR Processes – Apply mentor opportunities as required, conform and apply the broader Sodexo HR policies
- Commercial Support – Administer the project financials in conjunction with Project Coordinator to deliver commercial objectives and contract optimisation.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, skills and experience needed to perform this job)
- Effectively supervise the employee relations and management of your work crew and contractors and ensure employees are trained and held accountable for their tasks
- Ensure timely evaluation and scoping of work requests prior to approval for the work management planning process
- Participate in the weekly pre-planning, planning and scheduling meetings to ensure alignment and commitment of resources to the work schedule
- Ensure safe execution of maintenance work as per the signed of schedule
- Manage the planning and execution of unplanned work and the re-scheduling of tasks
- Review work execution performance with team members, identify gaps and take corrective action as necessary to improve performance
- Manage and review events and ensure that escalation protocols are complied with
- Provide input into the development of work strategies
- Ensure end to end process compliance
- Trade relevant qualification (Electrical or Carpentry trades will be highly regarded) within an equivalent industry and organisational experience
- Previous experience supervising contractors
- Have a strong understanding of Australian safety standards and statutory compliances
- Able to identify foreseeable issues & address them logically, while being safety conscious
- Maintains time, material records and submits reports as required
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills and a strong desire to foster a "team-oriented" approach to the achievement of tasks- the role will require communicating and building productive working relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Certification from a recognised Registered body (RegPM, CPPM, CPPD)
- Knowledge and experience in Project Delivery software (MS Project).
- Experience of working within a Global organisation with shared service structure.
- Some experience in delivery of multiple small Projects
- Delivery of Project to agreed timeline and financial deliverables as per project plan.
- Meet or exceed KPIs relating to safety, schedule, quality, and cost.
- Compliance to internal policy, process and procedure, BCA compliance and regulatory bodies and/or external legislation
Contextual or other information
- Overall administration and responsibility for the designated project.
- All project reporting direct to the Projects Coordinator
- Review project planning and monitor progress of project to ensure they are on schedule and within quality and cost estimates.
- Review project documentation and communicate to stakeholders.
- Establish, maintain and administer project budget and cost control.
- Liaise with Project Coordinator and any sub-contract personnel on all aspects of the progress of the project to ensure no unintended interruptions of delivery are experienced.
- Liaise with Project Coordinator to modify design in work systems and methods necessitated by the progress of work.
- Review and update the Project Plan regularly.
- Ensure effective mechanisms are in place in respect of risk management and Occupational Health & Safety are established
- Overall administration and responsibility for total project correspondence and contractual records (client, subcontractors, consultants, etc).
- Supervise and update schedule from the activities of construction contractors to ensure coordination of the work processes.
- Recommend changes in coordination and control of physical resources to achieve targets