Naval Ship Management (Australia) Pty Ltd (NSM) is a leading provider of asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Utilising a team of highly skilled professionals strategically located across Australia in conjunction with a robust, agile and scalable international supply chain, NSM provides cost-effective, responsive and customer-focused solutions that optimise the availability and capability of our customers’ critical assets.
Established in 2012, as a Joint Venture between Babcock Pty Ltd and UGL Ltd, we now support assets across the Royal Australian Navy’s fleet - most notably the Anzac Class Frigates as a member of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) and the Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD Landing Craft (LLC) and associated assets. Our services include: Engineering Support Services; Maintenance Support Services; Ship Repair, Refit and Refurbishment; Supply Chain Management and Procurement and Logistics.
About the role
The Sub-Contractor Coordinator will safely manage, and control allocated subcontractor tasks during assigned projects. They will support the APM in establishing site requirements. They shall foster a good relationship with all subcontractor staff to ensure open and honest dialogue is maintained.
The following aspects of this position are indicative only and in no way limit NSM in allocating additional responsibilities to the employee, within the scope of the employee’s level of competency, experience, knowledge and qualification.
- Authorise permit requirements to ensure timely performance and compliance with company and customer requirements
- Coordination and control of subcontractors, and project resources. Act as the first point of contact for allocated Repair Agents
- Control of inspection and testing activities by third parties such as Classification Society
- Review of TPCC, collate Objective Quality Evidence and submit TPCC for allocated tasks and updating SAP
- Ensure Problem Identification Report's have been raised for allocated tasks and monitor response progress against task schedule for impact
- Oversees on site production work ensuring adherence to task quality requirements including witness/ hold points by authorised parties & ensuring PIR’s are raised for all deviations from WI scope
- Prepare reports, estimates/budgets, and risk mitigation plans
- Support the Assistant Production Manager and/or PM in evaluation of subcontractors’ variation claims and provide check estimates for emergent works
- Provide Project Scheduler with subcontractor schedule performance and reporting
- Ensure “Safety First” culture throughout NSM
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel
- Knowledge of accounting and purchasing/ process/ systems (SAP or other similar systems)
- Certificate IV in Engineering, Trade background and or equivalent experience
- Essential Compliance Requirements
- Current Motor Vehicle Driver’s Licence
- Must be an Australian Citizen & must either hold, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance
- Construction Induction Card (White Card)