|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Downer is a significant player in the telecommunications industry within New Zealand. We are growing our business through delivering consistent service, excellence and results and through developing inspirational leadership with our people and customers.
Reporting to the Programme Manager, this is a pivotal lead role in the end-to-end build workflow process with regional accountabilities. You will be required to ensure the delivery on all contractual obligations and responsibility for revenue generation and ensuring the projects performance meets all customer requirements, delivering on safety, optimizing resource use and the achievement of target results. You will also have
- Financial accountability – ensures the schedule, cost, scope, quality, resource and risk constraints are managed effectively to provide the best possible financial outcome for every client request.
- Actively works with the Regional Managers seeking out improvement opportunities on overall job performance in order to increase contract margin, client satisfaction and Downer’s overall company standing.
- Review job progress and on completion capture all costs into cost versus budget report to finalise billing within project budget.
- Review Downer Subcontractor Register to ensure subcontractors are registered for assigned projects. Review sites and provide support to ensure all work is undertaken within Downer ZH guidelines
We are therefore seeking someone with a high degree of commercial financial /business acumen coupled with proven project management and leadership experience. This is a busy position and requires a structured approach in order to build constructive relationships and prioritise workload. There will also be a high degree of liaising with our clients and suppliers both internal and external to produce required outcomes while ensuring customer satisfaction to the highest level.
- Leadership experience in Telco network development
- Strong proven track record of managing contractors to meet defined targets
- Experience in planning and scheduling large resource pools.
- A sound ability to coordinate a job with multiple work disciplines and facets.
- People skills – ability to build and maintain relationships with both internal and external clients
- Achieving results – job performance (on time, in full, on budget)
- Excellent communication both written and oral - presenting information, listening, managing conflict.
- Competent in use of Microsoft systems such as word, excel & outlook as a minimum
- Ability to lead and develop a team of sub-contractors
- Focus on performance and drive for results.
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 575640 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.