|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cartology is Woolworth’s rapidly growing media solutions business, providing market leading media solutions to Woolworths suppliers and partners across online search and display, digital out of home, point of sale and print media channels. Currently in scale-up phase with significant further growth ahead, Cartology leverages the best of the Woolworths group expertise while creating its own distinct offering and culture.
About the Role
Data and insights is one of the key pillars of Cartology’s offering and future growth, to be underpinned by significant investment in platforms and business applications.
In this newly created role, you will be responsible for defining, delivering and maintaining Cartology’s data and platform strategy, with a particular focus on enabling sales and operations teams with tools and insights to help our partners most effectively market their products. This includes Cartology’s end to end operations stack (CRM, order and inventory management, and delivery systems) across our various media channels.
This role will leverage and work in partnership with existing Woolworths data and platforms centres of excellence to build an analytics and platforms capability to further fuel Cartology’s growth.
- In partnership with key stakeholders across the business, define and deliver Cartology’s data and platforms strategy capable of supporting Cartology’s ambition and growth.
- Translate business objectives into technical and analytical requirements
- Deliver and manage technology systems and processes to support a tier 1 media sales business e.g. CRM, Order Management, Inventory Management, Content delivery and billings systems
- Maintain and enhance a platform delivering meaningful, actionable and innovative data insights and intelligence utilising Woolworths Group’s extensive customer and operational data including national checkout data and ~12m Rewards membership
- Define and own network operations and monitoring for Cartology’s national network of ~2000 digital out of home screens and national store radio network
- Lead a high performance Analytics team (Direct Reports and Cross Functional) that deliver accurate, timely and reliable reporting and actionable sales, consumer, operational efficiency and product development insights to internal and external stakeholders
- Act as product owner for Cartology’s data and analytics and operating platform capabilities
To be successful in this role, we’re looking for a proven leader who has the foresight and business context to provide optimal data-science and management vision, strategy and business practices to add maximum value to the organisation.
- Tertiary education in a relevant discipline e.g. computer science, software engineering, data analytics
- Experience having developed, deployed and managed robust systems and platforms including data platforms to support high growth revenue and complex business models
- 10+ years’ experience managing analytical and/or technical teams
- Exposure to analytics languages e.g. Python, SQL, R, Tableau and other data visualisation tools, cloud platforms and associated native tools such as Azure and GCP
- Thorough understanding of SDLC, project delivery methodologies and Agile development processes
If you think you have what it takes and want to be part of one of the most exciting journeys in Australian retail, apply now.
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.