|Location:||New South Wales|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Childcare Director - Uniting ILUKA Bondi Beach
About the Opportunity
This is a great opportunity for a caring, nurturing, and experienced Early Childhood Teacher to become our non- teaching Director. We are looking for a highly skilled, inspired and competent Director with the strong leadership and managerial experience required to lead, support and manage a team of educators, whilst working closely with families and other stakeholders to support positive outcomes for children and their families.
At Uniting Iluka Early Learning our children are the biggest contributors to our program and their learning. We believe that the early years are the most fundamental stage in which educators can instil a love for learning. Using the Early Years Learning Framework and Reggio Emillia approach, our curriculum is based on child-led and play based learning, in which educators sit alongside children as co-learners to guide and scaffold their experiences.
Developing a high-quality centre by fostering a sense of belonging for children, as well as keeping families connected and a part of their child's development and learning.
Who are we?
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. We come from a belief that the power of inclusivity and community is the key ingredient to creating an environment where children can grow and flourish.
What do I need to succeed
- Manage the centre's performance by applying strong business and financial disciplines at a service level including resource allocation, budgeting, optimising utilisation, cost management, staff ratio management and wage costs.
- Ensure service meets compliance obligations through developing knowledge and skills in understanding relevant legislation, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain a safe environment for children, families, employees and visitors and implement strategies to achieve safety outcomes, constantly driving continuous improvement.
- Direct, coordinate, coach and support direct reports, ensuring our service and individual goals are achieved.
- Apply effective communication and leadership strategies to engage employees and enable them to work collaboratively, including partnering with other services in the area to support and inspire a shared sense of purpose to deliver positive outcomes for children and families.
- Support and implement strategies that enhance inclusion regardless of the child and family circumstances.
- Work collaboratively with Uniting’s Early Learning Leadership team and other Managers to enable the service to achieve best practice and quality outcomes.
- Completed ECT Degree or higher
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Service Manager
- Demonstrated experience managing, mentoring and supporting early childhood education and care services/programs to deliver high quality outcomes, and building a capable and engaged team
- Demonstrated experience driving performance and delivering positive results in early childhood education and care services in a competitive environment.
- Practical understanding of key issues, strategies and best practice in early childhood education, child health, wellbeing and inclusion, early childhood curriculum and development.
- Evidence of sound professional experience that shows initiative and strong sense of personal responsibility for meeting objectives, modelling of professional and ethical behaviour, commitment to personal development; and display of courage in the provision of advice and decision making.
“We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe”
If you have the ability to create and drive a positive and respected working environment, have a passion for developing, planning and implementing an innovative educational program with a commitment to inclusive early childhood practice and social justice
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police Check, Working with Children Check and Reference Checks.