|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- 5 years of experience in regulated industries such as Government or Financial Services.
- Experience as a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment, or in a customer/partner-facing role.
- Experience in security matters (authentication protocols, identity and access management systems, confidential computing, etc.) and APAC regulatory frameworks.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or other technical field.
- Experience at regulatory bodies or participation in formation of regulatory frameworks.
- Technical sales experience or professional consulting experience in the Australia Public Sector or Healthcare market.
- Experience in a regional Asia Pacific role.
- Knowledge of security protocols, identity and access management solutions and encryption solutions.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Customer Engineer, your primary role will be as a trusted advisor to Public Sector customers and prospects, and as an expert security advocate for our Platform, helping them get as much value out of our Platform as possible. In this role, you'll know our Google Cloud Platform product inside and out, and provide support to C-Level, Security Leaders, and Cloud Security Architects, using both technical and business skill sets to lead the project forward as efficiently as possible. You'll accompany customers in discovering the technology/solution and consult around the best way to secure and ensure compliance. You'll optimize for results when in production — always with the customer’s success as the priority.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Explain the security function, governance, and capability of Google Cloud to meet material workload requirements.
- Identify and qualify business opportunities, understand key customer technical and compliance objections, and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Share security experience to support the technical relationship with customers, including product and solution briefings and industry advisory. Partner directly with product management to prioritize solutions impacting customer adoption of Google Cloud.
- Work with customers to demonstrate Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Recommend integration strategies, governance methods, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud. Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events.