|Job Type:||Full Time|
Applicants must have a right to work in Australia as Google is currently unable to sponsor a visa for this position.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Sydney NSW, Australia; Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in a technical sales or consulting environment or on an enterprise architecture/systems engineering team. Experience with modern cloud architectures and technologies.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience managing a team in a regional capacity beyond Australia and New Zealand.
- Demonstrated understanding of the broader cloud marketplace and the differentiators in offerings.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new and emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space.
- Effective presentation skills, with the ability to deliver technical presentations.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Customer Engineering Manager, you will work with the Sales team to introduce Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective, existing customers and partners understand the potential of Google Cloud, develop creative cloud solutions and architectures to solve their business challenges, and problem-solve any potential technical roadblocks. You will also be part of a diverse team of fellow Googlers working in an environment of respect and inclusion where we promote equal opportunities to succeed.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Inspire customers and peers to solve difficult problems with innovative and novel solutions leveraging an excellent set of technical competences.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Manage the technical relationship with Google’s customers, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources.
- Work with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.