|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you enjoy software development and working directly with customers? Are you excited about working across a broad spectrum of technologies including IoT/Industrial IoT, ML, DevOps, Messaging Systems, Data Modeling and High Scale Computing?
The Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team is a global engineering organization that works directly with customers looking to leverage the latest technologies to address their toughest challenges and transform their industries using cloud-based solutions. We work closely with our customers’ engineers to jointly develop code to solve their biggest challenges and accelerate progress in their organizations. In the process, we help shape the future of our own platforms by partnering with our product groups to improve them. We pride ourselves on making contributions to open source and make our platforms easier to adopt.
We sit side-by-side with our customers to collaboratively innovate custom solutions tailored to solve their business challenges. Our work involves the development of high-impact software assets that contribute to the Microsoft platform and can be re-used across entire industries.
Be respectful and inclusive – As a group, we work to build consensus with our teammates and customers. We’re looking for the sort of person who enjoys a culture that ensures that all voices and perspectives are heard and considered.
- Working hands-on with our customers through design and implementation, setting examples for good engineering and architecture practices along the way
- Continuously improving our ability to deliver quality solutions through evolving our engineering process and technical capabilities
- Exhibiting technical leadership throughout the broader CSE organization, with the Microsoft Product teams, our customers and the OSS community
We do not believe that any specific education major is a requirement to be successful in this role. We are open to all backgrounds and are looking for candidates with demonstrated ability to deliver on the responsibilities below.
- 7+ years of experience shipping or running production systems and/or software, including complex production systems that run on a public cloud
- Proven experience providing leadership with organization-wide impact, showing applied technical competence, meaningful and durable cross-organization technical collaboration, or both
- Industry experience in one of the following industries: manufacturing, automotive, energy, transportation, or health
Deep technical expertise in industrial automation or process control systems
- Strong service delivery experience including architecture and coding, and ideally, building cloud services
Proficiency in creating technical reports, white papers or case studies
- We do not require deep expertise in all software stacks that customers use. However, we do look for people who have significant expertise in one software stack (and preferably more)
- Experience working within and directing geographically dispersed, diverse, and virtual teams
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mechanical or Electrical engineering, or a related discipline or the equivalent
- Open to working onsite with customers and are comfortable with regional travel up to 25%
- Strong business English and a second North Asian language; Mandarin Chinese, Korean, Japanese
Experience working with industrial control and automation systems for process or discrete manufacturing
At Microsoft we are seeking people who have a passion for the positive impact technology can have on the communities and for making a difference in the world. Within CSE, we have an informal and flexible work environment, and you are welcome to work from home, our offices, customer sites– wherever is best for you to get your job done. We invest in your health, wellness, and financial future by offering a competitive package including a wide range of benefits built around your personal needs and those close to you.
We welcome diversity of all kinds. Our team includes many perspectives, cultures, educational backgrounds, life stages, identities, and technical skills, and we believe this contributes to our success and that of our customers. If you love writing quality code and learning new technologies, enjoy thinking about challenging engineering problems and, above all, if you’re able to lead others to do the same, then we’d love to hear from you.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.