|Job Type:||Part Time|
About the opportunity
Uniting is seeking a Bus Driver/Care Service Employee to work at Uniting Edinglassie Village at Emu Plains on a permanent part time basis to provide driving services for, and to ensure the safe and comfortable transport of Residents, along with performing care staff duties when necessary.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Efficient arrangement of maintenance and repair of vehicles
- Monitoring daily the completion of daily vehicle checks
- Provide driving services to and be responsible for the welfare and safety of residents and clients travelling between their places of residence and other Uniting Locations and on outings
- Assist residents and clients to enter and exit the bus and provide mobility support as required
- Provide supervision of residents and clients and ensure their safety always
Skills & essential requirements
- Current MR or LR licence.
- Proven experience and reliability in bus driving.
- Certificate III in Aged Care is desirable.
- A strong commitment to working with the frail aged and people with challenging behaviours, and disabilities including dementia, developmental disabilities and psychiatric illnesses.
- Holder of current First Aid Certificate or willing to work towards.
- Ability to provide service equitable to all consumers regardless of race, religion, gender, social or financial background.
- Commitment to observe the WHS policies of Uniting Ageing.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Experience working in the area of aged care
- A sound knowledge of surrounding road networks.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.