|Job Type:||Full Time|
Asset Replacement Engineer (Railways)
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Discover & enjoy the benefits of coastal living – Karratha or Dampier Based
- 5 days on, 2 days off residential or FIFO opportunities from Perth
What we are offering to you
- Diverse role with planning and multi-disciplined engineering responsibilities
- Engineering exposure to the world’s first autonomous heavy haul railway
- Discounted Health cover scheme for you and immediate family
- Extensive salary sacrifice and packaging options
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
About the role
This role is a great opportunity for a successful individual to work in a dynamic team which is responsible for providing technical assurance and risk advisory function to the Rail Maintenance Division. Reporting to the Senior Track Engineer, you will:
- Provide first response maintenance engineering support to ensure high asset availability
- Provide asset assurance including inspections and auditing of track infrastructure and assets (including, but not limited to, rail, turnouts, sleepers, ballast and formation) to ensure asset state is as per the Code of Practice
- Develop scope, quality & timing required (as per the Code of Practice) for rectification works and also ensuring suitable containments are in place until remediation is complete.
- Interface with Resurfacing, Re-rail, Response and other execution teams to execute remediation and containment works.
- Ensure compliance with engineering standards and practices
- Review maintenance process and procedures in order to improve safety and asset performance
- Analyse operating performance of assets and implement improvement projects to eliminate defects
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in either Mechanical or Civil engineering
- Experience in a rail environment
- Understanding of Railway Track Engineering concepts and principles
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.