|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join a company dedicated to your career development and where you can simply be yourself at work!
So, Why Optus?
We see ourselves leading Australia in outstanding customer experience. In striving to achieve this, five core values guide us. These are: customer service, our challenger spirit, teamwork, integrity and personal excellence.
We've put a lot of investment behind innovation and would love to work with people who provide ideas that differentiate, disrupt and deliver amazing services for our customers.
About the role:
As a member of the Optus Business IOT team, you will be responsible for the management and continual evolution of Optus IOT & M2M Channel Ecosystem covering both Core and TPP Solution offerings. Working with a group of subject matter experts and an existing network of vendors and partners, you will be responsible for guiding the Digital journey of our business and enterprise customers driving a portfolio of digital products including smart networks, smart buildings, digital retail and smart logistics. Some of these products are complex and require expertise that Optus cannot provide alone therefore channel and alliance strategy and execution are a critical component of our business.
As a Channel Manager, your responsibilities will focus on finding, shorlisting, evaluating and selecting strategic partners, reseller or channels to co-create, promote and sell our IoT solutions and offerings, defining and negotiating the scope of the partnership; on-boarding these partners into Optus sales enablement platform; developing long-term incentive programs and commercial terms; as well as tracking the performance of these partners on a regular basis.
- Source, shortlist, evaluate and select strategic partners, reseller or channels to promote and sell our IoT solutions
- Define and negotiate the scope of the partnership and align with our product roadmap and offerings
- Negotiate and sign framework agreement with selected partners
- Creation of Sales Enablement tools and programs.
- Develop long-term incentive program and commercial terms with the selected partners
- Outline Channel Program to motivate and retain partners
- Initiate and organize marketing events with partners to promote to the market for greater awareness
- Draft press release to announce major partnerships with Tier-1 partners
- Track the performance of these partners on a regular basis and report to sales and the management team
- Provide support to partners to build a strong sales pipelines and drive IoT product revenue through partners
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets
- Bachelor’s/Master’s/MBA with relevant experience in technology, telecommunication or software related industry
- An understanding of key IoT concepts and technologies
- Strong presentation, sales, written communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
- Ability to prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team
- Ownership and accountability; create appropriate action plans for those goals depending on business reality.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and business organization
- Good business judgement and the demonstrated ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
- Expertise in Channel and Alliance Program and Initiatives
- Industry awareness – for example in Retail, Hospitality, Property, Utility, Transport.
- Experience building Go-To-Market plans that scale across an organization and sales enablement
- Track record of signing and managing high value and high-profile partnerships
Optus is a place where we let you do you. Whether you’ll be working in our corporate offices or in a retail store, we are a highly collaborative workplace, and offer a range of perks such as:
- A competitive salary
- Discounts on products and services
- Ongoing training, mentoring and development opportunities
- Up to five days of Volunteer Leave per year
- Flexible work options
We understand that flexibility means different things to different people. We are proud to offer a variety of options to work in different ways, such as flexible hours, partial remote working, job share and part-time. Please talk to us about how we can make this role work for you. Our flexible hybrid remote model lets our people work across home and one of our offices across Australia.
Curious about our culture? Go behind the scenes with our people by searching #OptusLife on LinkedIn.
Please no recruitment agencies, we’ll be managing this role in-house. Any resumes submitted outside of our process will be deemed the sole property of Optus.