|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Here in Timaru we are looking for a Foreperson - Carpenter to join our crew as we carry out work on our maintenance contract and construction works in the region! This is an exciting opportunity for you if you are looking for a change in career and are looking to take the next step.
What we offer:
- Very competitive pay rate, company tools of trade vehicle and other benefits
- Guranteed hours (minimum 80 hours per fortnight)
- Excellent opportunities for training and career progression for those who work hard and demonstrate willingness to learn
- A fun, welcoming team working in a positive atmosphere
About the role:
You’ll be leading your crew doing construction, roading maintenance and drainage works. This role comes with a variety of projects, so no two days will be the same. Reporting to the Supervisor, you’ll be setting up sites and running the team through general scopes of projects with a focus on safety and quality. You’ll have operational duties ranging from some skilled carpentry, through to general highway maintenance and general labouring. This ‘hands on’ role will require you to provide leadership by planning, providing direction and controlling activities whilst working alongside the team in the field while working on highways carrying out concrete work, bridge maintenance and so much more!
Along with your civil experience as a Foreperson or Carpenter there are a few essentials to what we are looking for, but don’t stress too much if you don’t tick them all off, we are prepared to train you:
- You’ll hold a class 1 minimum full New Zealand Drivers licence with WTR endorsements being desirable
- Previous proven experience as a carpenter
- Current STMS Level 1 qualification with temporary traffic management experience highly desirable
- Previous experience operating an excavator a bonus
- High standard of workmanship with a commitment to safe workplace practises
If you have clear communication skills with the ability to build rapport with stakeholders and easily chat with your crew, then we would like to hear from you!
How to apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 574678 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.