|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to continued business growth and an increasing portfolio of work in 2021, Downer’s Engineering Services division is now seeking to appoint an Electrical Engineer to work from our Canning Vale office.
Operating within a team of experts nationwide – and your professional mentors – this opportunity offers exposure to a broad range of engineering functions as well as the chance to work on a variety of exciting projects on a national and international scale. As a Electrical Engineer with exposure to the areas of Power Systems, Control Systems & Major Projects , you will support your engineering colleagues in delivering best practice technical solutions in accordance with project scopes, budgets and timeframes. This involves:
- Undertaking detailed electrical design and commissioning works for assigned projects, with regards to power generation, mining, & utilities equipment;
- Carrying out all ad-hoc project work as directed by your Lead Engineer;
- Coordinating design and documentation with other engineering teams and departments as required;
- Attending site investigations or commissioning activities as and when required;
- Ensuring a professional standard of communication is upheld with both internal and external stakeholders (client, suppliers, sub-contractors);
- Electrical tertiary qualification;
- 3-5 years practical work experience in an engineering related role is highly desirable;
- A positive and enthusiastic nature;
- The willingness to learn and absorb information whilst being accountable for your tasks;
- Solid organisation skills with the ability to take responsibility and accountability whilst working either autonomously or within a team;
- Flexibility and the willingness to travel to sites as and when required;
- A general understanding of the resources and construction industries and desire to develop your technical skillset in these fields;
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team, with a focus on producing logical smart designs through innovation and collaboration;
- The ability to work on a diverse range of designs, taking on new and exciting challenges with projects across Australia;
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do;
- Truly flexible working conditions
Downer works to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace that facilitates opportunity and respect. Our focus on gender and cultural inclusiveness is active and ongoing, and through various initiatives we aim to help close the gap between indigenous and non-indigenous communities.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume via the links provided. Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, however, applications must be made via the careers portal and will not be accepted via email.