|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Cisco Umbrella is a secure internet gateway that provides the first line of defense against threats on the internet wherever users go. Because it’s built into the foundation of the internet, Umbrella delivers complete visibility into internet activity across all locations, devices, and users.
Working within the Cisco Umbrella group means being surrounded by hardworking, intelligent and creative people that are determined to disrupt the Internet security industry with innovative ideas, world-class research and unrivalled products and services. We’re a group of engineers, technologists, designers, and more building products that are simple to use and easy to manage. We seek forward-thinking, committed team members who are excited about contributing to a company that has a vibrant and creative culture.
The Service Delivery team provides personalized technical and customer success services by accelerating deployment and integration of Cisco Umbrella product.
What You’ll Do
Cisco Umbrella is looking for an experienced Technical Service Delivery Engineer to join our services team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Engage with sales, customers, partners and pre-sales engineers to verify customers’ requirements and expectations for deploying Cisco Umbrella
- Document conversations, communications and site matrices to create delivery plans
- Creating timelines and ensuring they are adhered to and that cross functional project team members are updated throughout delivery
- Be the main technical point of contact for the customer during all phases of implementation. To be available during times of rollout that may be non-standard hours and be ready and available on switch-over to attend to immediate corrective actions and rollback
- Maintain a contemporary issue list on each customer for resolution paths and lead said list within the internal organization to enable quick and efficient turnaround on customer issues
- Successfully deliver and deploy Cisco Umbrella to customers
- Keep internal CRM delivery system up to date at all times ensuring that infrastructure provisioning is on time
- Provide a weekly update to the Service Delivery Managers on project status to upstream to other departmental managers and to ensure that business groups are aware of any slippage or project shift
- Ensure constant improvement process invoking the Corrective Action Review Process at all stages of delivery where appropriate
- Undertake training with the Customer on how to use the Admin Portal and provide all vital documentation
- Act as a technical guide and sponsor for customers during the implementation phase
- Act as an ambassador for Cisco Umbrella during the implementation phase, building good-will, trust and confidence to carry over into Customer Support and live support
- Interface regularly with other business groups to further develop technical skills to improve the delivery process
- Recommend improvements to the product and engineering groups on product related bugs and issues during delivery
- Maintain a constant delivery knowledgebase for use in future projects
- Spearhead projects / activities aimed at improving team processes, performance, and overall health
- Assist junior members of the team when vital around technical / functional direction, customer sentiment, and internal collaboration; and work with the Service Delivery Managers on individually assigned (non-customer facing) projects that improve and further develop business functions within the implementation sphere
Who You Are:
- Exceptional customer service and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and a track record for delivering excellent results in a timely fashion
- Excellent communication and written skills both in English and Japanese when working with a diverse customer audience
- Excellent ability to understand complex technical concepts and communicate them to both technical and non-technical audience effectively
- Solid understanding of LAN and WAN networking protocols and technologies, including security solutions, switching, firewalls and routing
- Solid grasp of web proxy architecture and deployment
- Solid background in the SaaS space
- 8+ years in customer-facing Support, Professional Services, Implementation or Client Service role
- Proven understanding of common network protocols including TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, SAML, and VPN technology
- Comprehensive understanding of Windows/Mac technology – Active Directory (Domain, User Administration, GPO), IOS Configuration
- BA/BS degree (or relevant work experience)
- Love and passion for helping customers and delivering satisfaction even when faced with difficult circumstances
- Ability to prioritize and work responsibly with or without direct supervision
- A positive attitude and friendly personality
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!